Should we make a Wiki?

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
The original dragon ball wiki is full of inaccurate information and does not distinguish between the English dub and the Japanese, or power levels that come from obscure video games and ones from the actual series.

I'm thinking a select few to edit totally protected wiki that only admins can edit to fill out the most important pages and then maybe after a while it would become open to registered users. After a while some articles wouldn't need further editing because there's only so much one can say about the series since it is already complete so many articles should be protected from editing after they get all the information they need.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I saw this on Neoseeker and I'm actually interested if you can make it happen.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I found out Kanzenshuu is working on their own Wiki, but they won't launch it until it is 100% complete. It's already been 3 YEARS in the making! I don't know if I want to wait that long.

Kanzenshuu Wiki forum page

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Dagon said:
I found out Kanzenshuu is working on their own Wiki, but they won't launch it until it is 100% complete. It's already been 3 YEARS in the making! I don't know if I want to wait that long.

Kanzenshuu Wiki forum page
A Kanzenshuu Wiki would be great, but they're not so diverse in Battle Power knowledge.

If they're working on their own Wiki, then IDK what to do here.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Kanzenshuu wiki pros:

- Immense knowledge base.
- Plenty of relevant information to draw on.

Kanzenshuu wiki cons:

- I can't imagine how bad the BP aspects of it will be aside from officially stated ones. I can see it being some neutral Switzerland bullshit like "it's up to you to interpret, there is no right or wrong answer, everyone's happy!" Which isn't terrible, but that kind of thing annoys me.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I'd be up for that. It'd be a hell of a lot more useful than the current DBZ Wiki which is just a mess. Although I'm skeptical about the idea. It'd more than likely be less used because the current one has been around for who knows how long and because it's a wiki anyone can edit it to say whatever they think should be said. Someone would go in an say egregiously stupid things that most likely came from the English Dub of the anime.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I decided to make a wiki real quick. The link is Super Dragon Ball Wiki I made a few locked pages with nothing on them to start. I'm still trying to figure it out. If I can learn how to add certain people as admins then I will pick some "worthy" people to add and edit content.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
A wiki isn't too hard with the right tools and know how. I used to make wikis for my fanfics back in the day.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Not to sound discouraging, but I don't think we need our own wiki anymore if Kanzenshuu is making one.

I know there would be a certain con like KP said, but that's still much, much better than the "official" one we have now.