Ssj Goku (BoG) vs Kid Buu

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
I'm inclined to believe Toyotarou is indicating that these two would be equals. If this is the case, we run into some interesting situations...

Ssj Goku (BoG) = Kid Buu = Ssj3 Goku (Buu Saga) > Ssj Gotenks (Post Rosat)

This means Super Saiyan 3 Goku in the Buu Saga is far stronger than we expected and was holding back tremendously against Fat Buu. What do you guys think?

Hector

High Class Warrior
This means Super Saiyan 3 Goku in the Buu Saga is far stronger than we expected and was holding back tremendously against Fat Buu.
Or, as is the case with the SSJ God form, he needed some time to get used to SSJ3 and draw more power out of it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Why would SSJ3 Goku be > SSJ Gotenks in the manga? Gotenks pre is already stronger.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
What says SSJ3 Goku Buu saga should be stronger than SSJ Gotenks post?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
SSJ Gotenks Pre > SSJ3 Goku was only assumed because Goku was pretending to be weaker than Boo.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
SSJ3 Goku was never suppressed. Gotenks ki and abilities were verified after Goku's display. Even if Goku held back his effort level his full power was sensed.

Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I think the image training/mental training may light some issue on where Goku stood in comparison to Freeza and Cell (though it's strange Goku imagined himself as SSJ to beat Freeza). Still, he beat up Cell easily as SSJ, which might not tell much besides a very solid improvement. I believe he was somewhat close to Cell as a SSJ in the Boo arc, like in the 80~90% vicinity, so him growing strong enough to beat Cell that easily may imply be the case if he reached, maybe, his Boo arc SSJ2 level as SSJ in the beginning of Super... Based in Toyotaro's manga, that is. But with Kid Boo, we didn't see the battle, Goku was cut off from his image training right before they'd fight each other. We don't know if Goku would fight as SSJ or if he'd quickly transform to SSJ2 (if his SSJ = Boo arc SSJ2, then his SSJ2 would be on par with Kid Boo by the SEG multipliers)...

Hmm, reviewing the manga though, it seems he charged at Kid Boo as a SSJ, I don't think there was an implication he'd quickly turn into higher states there. So it may be possible SSJ Goku was = Kid Boo at the start of Super... Making his SSJ3, accounting for a 8x power up on top of his SSJ (~ Kid Boo), more or less (assuming a solid 2x gap, which is fair to me, between post RoSaT SSJ Gotenks and SSJ3 Goku) half of SSJ3 Gotenks/Super Boo, more or less. So I could see his beginning of Super SSJ3 being about half as strong as Super Boo, maybe.

That as far as the manga goes.