SSj Gotenks pre vs. Pure Boo

Diamond Ryan

High Class Warrior
Probably an overdone topic but oh well. Who wins?

Gotenks only has thirty minutes of fusion time.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I'd put Gotenks just above Pure Boo, but I don't know if that'd be enough to totally destroy him. I usually prefer someone be a modest gap over any form of Boo in order to obliterate it to the point of no return. So Pure Boo would win high diif, as I think this Gotenks would run out of gas, even with unlimited fusion time.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Gotenks may be immature fighting, but he isn't stupid. He did drag out his fight with Super Boo but at the end he was about to kill him.

Against Pure he has a noticeable advantage, though Boo can land some hits here and there, especially with Gotenks playing around a bit. It all comes to if Gotenks can or cannot dodge Boo's absorbtion or Candy Beam: If he doesn't, Boo wins. He dodges, he notices it's time to get serious and kills Boo off with a Kamehameha. I'm willing to say Boo would win 5.5/10 here.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Considering that such power advantage he had against Super Boo was already enough to get him apparently close to eliminating him, I think he would get the job done here with the 30 minutes of fusion.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Gotenks wins with mild difficulty.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think Gotenks wins, but it will probably be tough. I have it as a stomp gap, so if he takes it 100% seriously he should dispatch Boo fairly easily.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
I think Buu's Candy Beam or Absorption would be more of an issue for Gotenks than the time limit. In a straight up fight, Gotenks wins after fooling around for a bit. But if Buu's willing to win by any means, the Majin might take the win.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Spiral-Force said:
I think Buu's Candy Beam or Absorption would be more of an issue for Gotenks than the time limit. In a straight up fight, Gotenks wins after fooling around for a bit. But if Buu's willing to win by any means, the Majin might take the win.

So you also agree with Gotenks SSJ (pre) > Goku SSJ3? Cool.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Boo wins. Whilst Gotenks would have the power advantage, it wouldn't be by enough to stomp and at this point, he doesn't have any techniques beyond the standard set for Ki users prior to the Rosat from what we know, which puts him at a huge disadvantage when trying to completely destroy Boo, not to mention Boo's unpredictability. I can see Boo outlasting him in most scenarios.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Captain Cadaver said:
Boo wins. Whilst Gotenks would have the power advantage, it wouldn't be by enough to stomp and at this point, he doesn't have any techniques beyond the standard set for Ki users prior to the Rosat from what we know, which puts him at a huge disadvantage when trying to completely destroy Boo, not to mention Boo's unpredictability. I can see Boo outlasting him in most scenarios.
Do you think his gap over Kid Boo would be smaller than the one he had over Super Boo?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Time is plot-dependent. 1 minute can be several episodes if necessary, and a lot can happen in that time.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Most likely. Even if they were comparable, however, I don't think it'd make much difference due to the different nature of combat between both incarnations of Gotenks and Boo. Whilst the battle against Evil Boo did come down to physical attacks and an attempted Kamehameha, I find it doubtful Boo would've been pushed into the situation of Gotenks still had the poor selection of Ki techniques he had before the Rosat, as being beat around by the Boo Boo Volleyball and having Gotenks counter his mouth blast did result in Boo becoming angry from this and moving into a predictable attack pattern. Leading on from this, Pure Boo wouldn't have this problem due to his unpredictability making his mentality far harder to read.

Future Warrior

Elite
Despite Gotenks being stronger I feel like his stupidity will just prevent him from winning this battle.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Captain Cadaver said:
Most likely. Even if they were comparable, however, I don't think it'd make much difference due to the different nature of combat between both incarnations of Gotenks and Boo. Whilst the battle against Evil Boo did come down to physical attacks and an attempted Kamehameha, I find it doubtful Boo would've been pushed into the situation of Gotenks still had the poor selection of Ki techniques he had before the Rosat, as being beat around by the Boo Boo Volleyball and having Gotenks counter his mouth blast did result in Boo becoming angry from this and moving into a predictable attack pattern. Leading on from this, Pure Boo wouldn't have this problem due to his unpredictability making his mentality far harder to read.
Despite flat out launching an attack aimed to destroy the Earth (and later doing so), I haven't seen so much unpredictability manifested in the combat itself, as the only thing he tried to use when fighting Goku that could be labeled unpredictable was the candy bean (maybe him using his elasticity to kick the ground?).

I think that, if Gotenks is aware about the candy bean, the time limit shouldn't be too troublesome here, as I think 30 minute of fusion should be enough to take out kid Boo when he was apparently on his way of taking out Super Boo with mere five minutes. But yeah, in Kid Boo's favor you could say that the Gotenks' play nature would lead him to drag the fight even more than against Super Boo (since he has now 30 minutes) and that the attacks he developed while on the room turned things easier for him to be about to destroy Boo.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
ahill1 said:
Despite flat out launching an attack aimed to destroy the Earth (and later doing so), I haven't seen so much unpredictability manifested in the combat itself, as the only thing he tried to use when fighting Goku was the candy bean.
There was Boo's ability to launch kicks at his opponent by kicking the ground and having his foot appear underneath them.

0316-004.png

Doubt Gotenks would be prepared for that, or Boo biting him or stretching his arms far greater lengths than his other incarnations did. This could prove crucial due to Boo's infinite stamina, since he has a lot of techniques to catch Gotenks by surprise and chip away at his stamina.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
There was Boo's ability to launch kicks at his opponent by kicking the ground and having his foot appear underneath them.
Yeah, I had edited my post to conform to that idea.

Flame

High Class Warrior
SS Gotenks>SS3 Goku=Kid Buu

Gotenks wins