SSJ2 Gohan's Rage

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
So I was talking to the mods at Neoseeker and they believe Gohan's rage boost is his SSJ2 form. They say Kid Gohan has no rage boost but Adult Gohan has a rage boost that can bring him up to Kid Gohan levels. I believe that's a contradictory belief. Adult Gohan turned SSJ2 at the tournament without being enraged, so if SSJ2 is Gohan's rage boost, then he shouldn't be able to do it without being angry. Furthermore, if Adult Gohan can get a rage boost, why can't Cell Games Gohan? They consider adult and kid Gohan two separate characters, but I don't think that's a viable belief. Adult Gohan has more in common with his pre-SSJ self, and Ultimate Gohan was almost just like his SSJ2 kid self. They are the same character and should be treated as such in my opinion.

But what I really want to talk about is wether or not Gohan would get a power boost in addition to his super saiyan forms, no matter which story arc it is. I think he does. Cell felt Gohan's power swelling before he finally turned SSJ2, and adult Gohan is said multiple times to get stronger while he's angry, even with the knowledge that he can turn SSJ2.

EDIT: The mod clarified that he thinks Cell Games Gohan's SSJ2 is his rage boost because he needed rage to access it, while adult Gohan can get a rage boost on top of it because he can control SSJ2.

Dioxide

Gohan arguiably already displayed his rage boost when he defeated Cell. Goku himself knew Gohan still had more power during the beam struggle. Such power instantly obliterated Cell. This power was likely what Goku was referring to when he told Gohan to get angry and to release all his power which according to Goku no one would be able to defeat.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I think he has SSJ2 with rage being able to be added on top of that. Both Goku and Vegeta acknowledged Gohan's rage being a catalyst for his SSJ2 power and giving it a spike in power.

Gohan's 1st SSJ2 transformation - Rage over Cell killing Android 16.
Gohan's 2nd SSJ2 Transformation - Spontaneously does do when Cell comes back.
Gohan killing Cell - A final burst of power.

Fast Forward 7 years later.

Gohan is mad after watching his crush/girlfriend get beaten like a hooker on the street by her pimp by Spopovich but he's seen casually smiling and waving at his classmates upon being discovered that he is The Great Saiyaman and casually transforms into a SSJ2. Here Vegeta said he had more power as a child.

Before Dabura shows up and Goku tells Gohan he's excited to see how much he's improved and can't wait to see him action but Vegeta tells him that Gohan's been lazy and has gotten weaker but says he doesn't what will happen if he "Snaps & Goes Into A Frenzy" This suggest that if Gohan was mad like he was against Cell than he'd be stronger than Vegeta (maybe) or at best as strong as he was first time around.

Again before Goku and Vegeta begin their fight, Goku tells Gohan to get mad and fight with his feelings like he did with Cell again suggesting that Rage gives his SSJ2 an additional boost of power.

Lord Brofist

Low Class Warrior
When Gohan first went SSJ2, his form probably was the accumulation of all his rage finally brought to the service as a new transformation. Obviously when the Boo Arc comes around we find out he has a more potential inside of him.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Goku told Gohan to get angry just like he did against Cell instead get angry just like he did in the Budokai. Gohan has extra power in the top of his SSJ2 IMO.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Gohan doesn't have an extra power

His rage is his SSjin 2.. Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so Goku tells him to go SSjin 2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Guliver said:
Gohan doesn't have an extra power

His rage is his SSjin 2.. Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so Goku tells him to go SSjin 2
Gohan transformed into SSJ2 infront of Kibito. Yet Goku told him to get mad just like when he killed Cell rather than telling him to get mad just like in the Budokai.

Daizenshuu also agreed with this.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Because the Cell events was the frst time he went SSjin 2 out of rage... The Daizenshuu follows the Anime too.. In the Anime Gohan gets extra boost

Anyway, Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so it's obvious he talked about SSjin 2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Guliver said:
Because the Cell events was the frst time he went SSjin 2 out of rage... The Daizenshuu follows the Anime too.. In the Anime Gohan gets extra boost

Anyway, Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so it's obvious he talked about SSjin 2
What? Just because its the first time doesn't mean anything. And you ignore my example, how did Gohan transformed into SSJ2 infront of Kibito without rage?

Pakl

High Class Warrior
He was enraged because of Videl

He talked about his fight with Cell because that was when Gohan was enraged and transformed for the first time

Again, Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so he meant SSjin 2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
He was enraged because of Videl[]
He was calm and also shy after his friends that he's the Great Saiyaman all along.

He talked about his fight with Cell because that was when Gohan was enraged and transformed for the first time[]
Unfortunately, Vegeta also said "There's no telling when he snapped and went frenzy" which implies that Gohan need to get mad. Vegeta also said that Gohan is so weak compare to his CG counterpart.

Again, Gohan was SSjin vs Dabura so he meant SSjin 2[]
When did I argue with this?

Pakl

High Class Warrior
He was calm but he had the anger of before which allowed him to go SSjin 2.. It was still there

Vegeta said it in the context of Gohan being weaker than them because it was not known they had SSjin 2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
He was calm but he had the anger of before which allowed him to go SSjin 2.. It was still there[]
Once again, he's anger was vanished. He was shy that his friends know that he was the Saiyaman all along. After Kubiak ask him to turn into SSJ, the subject change. It's not about Videl anymore, it's about Kibito and Supreme Kai.

Vegeta said it in the context of Gohan being weaker than them because it was not known they had SSjin 2]
I'm not comparing Gohan to Goku and Vegeta. Vegeta said there's no telling what will happen if Gohan went frenzy which implies that

Frenzy Gohan > Budokai Gohan

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Gohan's rage was always an X Factor in my eyes. Something that could rise up at any point, regardless of the form.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
The anger was still there.. It's like when someone is angry because one person made him mad and he suddenly threw all of his anger at some other person.. Gohan being smiling and such has nothing to do with it.. He still has the anger wich made him access his SSjin 2

The quote Vegeta uses is in comparasion to him and Vegeta which means SSjin 2 Gohan > SSjin Goku/ SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Gohan

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Guliver said:
The anger was still there.. It's like when someone is angry because one person made him mad and he suddenly threw all of his anger at some other person.. Gohan being smiling and such has nothing to do with it.. He still has the anger wich made him access his SSjin 2

The quote Vegeta uses is in comparasion to him and Vegeta which means SSjin 2 Gohan > SSjin Goku/ SSjin Vegeta > SSjin Gohan
Once again, the anger from Spopovitch was vanished since the subject was change into something mystery when Kibito asked him to turn into SSJ2.

Your talking about half of Vegeta's quote. He could just said Gohan is really powerful when he turned into SSJ2 at the tournament.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Videl was healed and Gohan wasn't fighitng Spopovich, and he smiled nervously to his classmates in the audience, so he wasn't angry.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
I believe the only time Gohan really got a rage boost was when he headbutted Raditz. He was still untrained
and needed rage to access his true power.
After that, he trains with Piccolo for that purpose, to be able to bring out his power at will. At Saiyans Saga,
he's trained and he can use his power at will, but he needs to put his mind to the game, as Piccolo said to
him. In other words, until Nappa/Vegeta made him mad, he lacked the Youki.
On Namek, Guru gives him a boost that gradually takes effect over time. I think the boost is completed when
he attacks Freeza. Maybe his rage helped the boost surface faster, but i think he kept his 1 million+ power
even after he calmed down.
After Namek Saga, Gohan can fully use whatever power he was at will. Think about it. If he could just snap
and get an insane rage boost, like against Freeza, Future Gohan would've overkilled the Androids.
Lastly, his so much praised by Goku power at Cell Games was not a rage boost. It was a new transformation
awakened by rage, like when Goku became SSJ1. During his struggle with Super Perfect Cell, he had lost his
courage; he lacked Shuki. That's what Goku was talking about during the beam struggle when he told him to
cut loose. He didn't mean he could get more power on the top of SSJ2.
Now, about Goku's and Vegeta's statements at Buu Saga, i think they were talking out of ignorance. They
had seen much from Gohan, so they were like ''man, who knows what else he can do if he gets mad''. But
the truth is, at that point, Gohan had nothing more to show before going to the Kais' and further increasing
his power.

Zoom

Low Class Warrior
Dioxide said:
Gohan arguiably already displayed his rage boost when he defeated Cell. Goku himself knew Gohan still had more power during the beam struggle. Such power instantly obliterated Cell. This power was likely what Goku was referring to when he told Gohan to get angry and to release all his power which according to Goku no one would be able to defeat.
This.