Strongest Movie Villain? (M1-M13)

Choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
I'd go with Broly because of the creators insistence on it. I used to have Hirudegan > Janenba but I'm not entirely sure any more.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Janemba logically makes the most sense as Gaku required fusion to beat him and I doubt Galu was significantly stronger in Wrath of the Dragon, but maybe that's the case.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Lol. Movie 13 Goku is based on the late Fusion Arc Goku who can survive against Gohan-Boo in SSjin. M12 Goku is not drastically stronger than Boo Saga Goku. Janemba is comparable to Evil Boo. Hirudegarn is comparable to Gohan-Boo and even stronger.

The next movie villain is stronger than the last one except Bio Broli.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Hirudegarn by movie logic and having the more impressive feats.

Janemba did beat SSJ3 Goku, but it was a weaker Goku than M1:. There’s that website thing, but the website has been off the air for decades and nobody even knows if it was legitimate.

The author only ever speaks of Broly in the position of fan, so it’s not a word of God thing. M10 Broly is the strongest Broly and his feats are pretty lame. Even Videl survives him!

@Pakl does M12 Goku have an anime counterpart? Like M13 is Kid Boo fight Goku, M10/M11 is early Boo Saga Goku. Was anime Goku ever as strong as his M12 self?

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
@GreatSaiyaman123
What feats does Hirudegains have that are more impressive than Janenba? Shaking the afterlife all the way up to the higher dimension of the Kaiou realm is about as good as it gets in any of the movies.

rn I'm thinking, if Goku from M12 isn't far off from Buu Saga Goku, then Hirudegan would take it since he one shot Ultimate Gohan, who I believe is >>>>>> Buu Saga Goku. Goku is mentioned to be the strongest in this world and the next in the DBZ M12 mag though, so maybe M12 Goku > Ultimate Gohan? Kind of lost on this lol

I'd regard the authors opinion as still admissible, regardless of what position he speaks in he still had creative direction over the movies, which makes him the most valid source on it really. Without those statements (going by only feats and stuff) Broly's not the strongest.

@Pakl
Was there ever a statement that each subsequent movie villain surpasses the previous? I feel like I saw Koyama say something like that but idk.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
@Cirno777 Hirudegarn one shots Ultimate Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks while Janemba only fights SSJ3 Goku. While M12 Goku is the strongest, SSJ Gotenks is the highest power we see in M12 and Ultimate Gohan probably doesn't exist there.

M13: Hirudegarn ~ SSJ3 Goku > SSJ2 Goku > Ultimate Gohan (SSJ2 Goku lasted longer than Gohan and SSJ3 held his own with Hiru)

M12: SSJ3 Goku > Fat Janemba > SSJ Gotenks

I mean M12 Goku could be = M13 Goku, but M12's fighters are weaker overall so Goku being the strongest doesn't mean he's as strong as in M13.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
M13: Hirudegarn ~ SSJ3 Goku > SSJ2 Goku > Ultimate Gohan (SSJ2 Goku lasted longer than Gohan and SSJ3 held his own with Hiru)
This I disagree with. While SSjin 2 Goku can be stronger than Ultimate Gohan, nothing says he is. Him lasting longer is also inaccurate. Gohan was simply done in before Goku. Goku later got stomped and collapsed. Sure, he was able to get up later, but Gohan was also not unconscious. Goku lasted longer than Piccolo in movie 7 while taking a serious beat down from Super 13.

Also, when Hirudegarn appeared behind Goku, Gohan was the only one who noticed him and warned Goku, despite Goku being much closer to Hirudegarn than Gohan was.

Screenshot_20230927-170542_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230927-170613_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230927-170619_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230927-170637_Chrome.jpg

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think Janemba is stronger than Hirudegarn.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
I think Janemba is stronger than Hirudegarn.
Next Movie villain is stronger. Janemba is just comparable to Evil Boo. Hirudegarn is stronger than Gohan-Boo.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
"In handling the scripts for the films, what I always worried about each time was the problem of what to do about the opponent Goku fights against. That’s because, at the very least, they had to be stronger than [the ones from] the previous movie."
-Takao Koyama, Noppo no Zakkan (his blog)
So Hirudegan > Janenba seems to be the most likely thing here.

Cirno777

Low Class Warrior
@Cirno777 Hirudegarn one shots Ultimate Gohan and SSJ3 Gotenks while Janemba only fights SSJ3 Goku. While M12 Goku is the strongest, SSJ Gotenks is the highest power we see in M12 and Ultimate Gohan probably doesn't exist there.
Yeah, I think I'll concede on the Goku > Ultimate Gohan thing, I can't find anything to confirm the events of the movie happen after that point.

HunterR18

Low Class Warrior
There are contradictions, Takao Koyama himself says that Goku (Movie 13) is the same as Goku (Movie 12) on the Toei 2005 website, and he himself says that it is Broly a while later

So yes, it depends on your idea, but I still think it's Beerus followed by Golden Frieza (I would consider Broly if he came like that version of God Broly from the 4D movie)

And Dragon Ball Heroes is something else in itself (even though it is confirmed to be the same Goku and the like from the films)

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Movie 13 pamphlet implies Goku beat Hirudegarn because Trunks cut off his tail and weakened him.

"Goku becomes Super Saiyan 3 and confronts Hirudegarn, but his attacks fail and he is in a pinch! But Trunks cuts off Hirudegarn's tail with Tapion's sword, creating a gap! At that moment, Goku finally defeats Hirudegarn with a full-throated blow!"

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
There are contradictions, Takao Koyama himself says that Goku (Movie 13) is the same as Goku (Movie 12) on the Toei 2005 website, and he himself says that it is Broly a while later

So yes, it depends on your idea, but I still think it's Beerus followed by Golden Frieza (I would consider Broly if he came like that version of God Broly from the 4D movie)

And Dragon Ball Heroes is something else in itself (even though it is confirmed to be the same Goku and the like from the films)
I would like to have the sources so I can save them.

Broly wasn't in M12 lol
Paragus was.

Movie 13 pamphlet implies Goku beat Hirudegarn because Trunks cut off his tail and weakened him.

"Goku becomes Super Saiyan 3 and confronts Hirudegarn, but his attacks fail and he is in a pinch! But Trunks cuts off Hirudegarn's tail with Tapion's sword, creating a gap! At that moment, Goku finally defeats Hirudegarn with a full-throated blow!"
Sounds like it's more of a distraction/discombobulation for Hirudegarn.

----

One of the game intros shows SSJ3 Goku knocking away LSSJ Broly with another character so in Toei's general perception SSJ3 Goku > LSSJ Broly.

Not to mention that LSSJ Broly is commonly depicted fighting SSJ Goku in DBH intros so the general perception should be that LSSJ Broly is a sub-SSJ3 level character.

Last edited:

Pakl

High Class Warrior
I would like to have the sources so I can save them.

Paragus was.

Sounds like it's more of a distraction/discombobulation for Hirudegarn.

----

One of the game intros shows SSJ3 Goku knocking away LSSJ Broly with another character so in Toei's general perception SSJ3 Goku > LSSJ Broly.

Not to mention that LSSJ Broly is commonly depicted fighting SSJ Goku in DBH intros so the general perception should be that LSSJ Broly is a sub-SSJ3 level character.
Why should games even count? They contradict the series. Tenkaichi Budokai and other games also protray Gohan as a SSjin vs Broli in movie 10. I am about to finish translating movie 3 pamphlet. By far the most controversial one.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Why should games even count? They contradict the series. Tenkaichi Budokai and other games also protray Gohan as a SSjin vs Broli in movie 10. I am about to finish translating movie 3 pamphlet. By far the most controversial one.
It's more about it being a generalized indicator of the opinions of those behind the scenes. Ultimately the company decides what's right.

With the Budokai Tenkaichi game there we're probably trying to match the look of Gohan without lightning from the film. I wouldn't say gameplay is a definitive indicator, more like a thumb on the scale.

Natasha Romanoff

High Class Warrior
In the videogames, Broly is able to send Gogeta flying and then get desintegrated by a Kamehameha, Metal Cooler defeats Buu Saga SSj Gohan and this without mention the weird scenes from Ultimate Tenkaichi, thinking that it actually holds weight to the main series is something can only be expected for a simian like @Dagon