Stupid Things You've Done In Pokemon?

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
First playthrough of Diamond I wasted my Master Ball on some slug Pokemon because it was like level 40 or something and I thought that was high

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I find that anyone who uses their Master Ball on any Pokemon but a Legendary isn't using common sense in general. LOL.

I caught Missingno in Yellow Version as a kid. My team was full so it was sent to the PC. It was also stored in a different box than the one I was using at the time, so I tried switching to that one, at the cost of saving the game, which I never intended to do. A couple playthroughs later, my save data was gone. LOL.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I wasted my Master Ball on a Rayquaza, had to go through hell to catch Latios... and still couldn't catch it in an Ultra Ball while it was paralyzed and had a sliver of health

Eventually just traded in a Master Ball from another game. Too bad it was an RSE Lati and had horrible IVs

I think I also tried challenging Lucy with a team of 3 Kanto starters that had the elemental Hyper Beams, like 10 times. Lost each time lol.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
Pretty much everything I did in the original games since I was like 7.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Pretty much everything I did in the original games since I was like 7.
I was guilty of this too, since I mainly tried beating Brock with Pikachu and Pidgeotto on Pokemon Yellow in my single digits, along with other fodder Pokemon in my party. I could never even make it past Geodude. It wasn't until I used Bulbasaur and Squirtle in Red Version and Blue Version where I was awestruck at how quickly they both disposed of Geodude and Onix.