Suggestions, Requests, Issues 2.0

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
I have an issue with Emmeth being a pussy and ignoring me while complaining to my friend about me
WideeyedDishonestCentipede-size_restricted.gif

200.gif

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Sovereign Master of Spamifestation
How can we acquire another 5-10 members who would be active on a daily basis? I imagine that another 5 of me would help make the forum feel much more alive.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
It's hard to find. I can try advertising in places I've not tried yet. The only other thing is if anyone knows people IRL that would want to join. I don't personally.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Is there anyway for the forum to implement notifications on your computer?
What kind of notifications are you talking about exactly? If you want notifications on certain threads you can "watch" that thread; there's an option for this on every top of every thread. You can also follow specific members if you want updates for when they are posting.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
How can we acquire another 5-10 members who would be active on a daily basis? I imagine that another 5 of me would help make the forum feel much more alive.
I feel this is almost impossible. To get new members we'll have to network on other forums or social media, and essentially pull people from better more active platforms or ones they are comfortable and happy with.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
People need to realize that forums aren't what they used to be. Typically the ones you find now are tight-knit communities of friends that keep it active.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It's really sad because I definitely prefer this method of online interactions over Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. About the only thing those mediums have an edge on forums is in the ease with which you can DM as opposed to PM, and Discord already does that far better.

Красный Мистик

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Forums really are antiquated. Everyone has a facebook account and they've done a fairly good job at integrating groups and pages. Discord is much better for quick real time conversations. Trying to get people to leave their established base of operations for something completely different will always be tough. Unless we fundamentally change what DBZeta is and how we operate I think we are doing the best we possibly can.

Warmmedown

Elite
I'm 16. I want to talk about #007FFF blue Goku vs racing green Broly or why Launch disappeared. I join a forum and it's a bunch of 25+ year olds, inside jokes and nobody likes Super. I'm noping tf out. Or even before that, I end up on reddit dbz or reddit whowouldwin. I want to learn about making X item, I can check reddit and hundreds of youtube videos. I want to do anything new, I can use the same user account and find a group on reddit - why bother signing up to a forum? Will I eventually find a reason to sign up to a forum? Maybe, like if I'm struggling to get the answers I'm looking for or if the community isn't active enough, but it's far from the first port of call. I want to make a forum/bulletin board and don't want to download anything - how do I make one? Zetaboards is gone.
Some specific-interest forums definitely do still exist (eg Sherdog MMA forums. Search around based on interests and you sometimes find other active forums), but nowhere near as many can be active as before and that seems like an international thing. I was looking for forums in Portuguese and found several that died several years ago. There was a discussion on a Brazilian anime forum I was on (where most members were 30-40s) and they said kids use whatsapp, discord etc now (the admin didn't care for recruitment anyway. You weren't even allowed to make threads on that forum lol). More people are getting connected to the internet, but a high % of them are on phones. Maybe specific-interest forums will come back eventually.

Anyway, I came to ask if there are blogs on here?
Also, speaking of blogs, where's KP at?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think the issue is that attention spans are becoming so dysfunctional that people prefer the faster paced, dopamine releasing forms of social media. Even if that means forgoing a sense of community and making real friends, they still prefer it. Could not be me.

As for blogs there isn’t a feature readily available. There could be an extension that would make it possible.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
What kind of notifications are you talking about exactly? If you want notifications on certain threads you can "watch" that thread; there's an option for this on every top of every thread. You can also follow specific members if you want updates for when they are posting.
Like the notifications you see on your computer like on YouTube or Social Media websites.