Super happened after EoZ?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
In what sense?
I think post-EoZ Toriyama will by his very nature phase Goku and Vegeta out of the limelight. He said pretty clearly in a 1995-1996 interview that he viewed Goku taking on a disciple as the end of his journey, and that the successor was to carry on the mantle. Maybe Goku might still go SSJG, but after that he'd take on a role quite similar to Naruto in Boruto and whatnot.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I made this thread mostly for a fun what if, but I finally understood why Super has avoided EoZ so much. AT doesn’t want to compromise this narrative, but replacing Goku with Uub would be a total flop.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I made this thread mostly for a fun what if, but I finally understood why Super has avoided EoZ so much. AT doesn’t want to compromise this narrative, but replacing Goku with Uub would be a total flop.
I think that's why he gave Gohan and Piccolo more development in Super Hero as backup. Oob will never reach the popularity of either Goku or Gohan, unless they somehow give him some incredible backstory and make him the most developed character in fiction and literature.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I think the whole plot of Super would have to be rewritten.

Like, look at BoGs: The whole premise is Beerus wanting to fight a Saiyan. Oob would just get his ass kicked at Kaio's with Goku and do nothing more. RoF things would get interesting since he'd be training with Whis too, but I dunno how much would change. We don't even know what kind of person Oob is. Would he fight Freeza first? Or last? Would he make the same mistake as Goku?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Yeah, Oob would have to be in Super. This is why I like to think that GT is canon to the Anime and that Super isn’t canon to anything.