Takahashi-sensei is dead

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Crazy! Did not expect this. It’s even said that it’s believed he’s been dead for a few days or so now, but only found now I think. Very sad.

Rest in Peace!

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I guess we won't ever see a canon YGO movie like DSoD ever again. Sad and depressing.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I thought about posting that before but didn’t . When he listed his favourite monster-cards in one of the volumes, he said Buster-Blader was one of them because of something CGI he saw in a commercial and thought it looked kewl or something. This might have been the one:

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Another one gone way too young. RIP.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Also last time I said how most authors couldn’t draw like AT and make it easy to read, well I think next to AT, Kazuki Takahashi was also great. His art was so~ooo clean.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
His art for the God Monsters and monsters in general by the end of Battle City and in the King's Memories arc was SUBLIME. His new artwork that he produces with a tablet (despite him sucking at computers apparently) is exquisite too. He even said he saw himself as more of a designer than a manga artist, his story outside of King's Memories is more of a visual medium than a story-driven one. Still, it was an enjoyable ride that gave birth to great OSTs via Duel Monsters and an entertaining card game. I am putting more Dragons in my Duel Links deck soon as those were Takahashi-sensei's favorites.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah he was close friends with both Kazuki Takahashi (whose real name is Kazuo) and the late Miura-sensei as well. I feel bad for him, losing one friend after the other in these troubled times.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Eric Stuart (dub voice of Kaiba) also mourned his passing.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Weekly-Jump better dedicate a page or two tribute to him. They owe a-lot of their financial success to him in relatively recent times & is most likely top 3 IPs they have.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
There's nothing for me to say. Part of me died as well.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
They did it seems:
0bop0cqwsjd91.png