Tao vs Chappa

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I don't think Tao is even that hyped. Roshi doesn't doubt Goku can kill Tao, he's just worried that Tsuru is coming after him. Tsuru himself only doubts it because he thought Goku was some kid off the street.

Tao still wins because of Dodonpa, though.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
I don't think Tao is even that hyped. Roshi doesn't doubt Goku can kill Tao, he's just worried that Tsuru is coming after him. Tsuru himself only doubts it because he thought Goku was some kid off the street.

Tao still wins because of Dodonpa, though.
Chapter: 120, P11.1-2
Context: Goku revealed that he defeated Taopaipai. Tenshinhan did not believe it.
Jackie Chun: “Did you really…take down Taopaipai…?”
Goku: “Huh? You too, gramps? I did so! It wasn’t easy, though…him being so strong and all.”
Jackie Chun: “Taopaipai…said to be the world’s Number One assassin…and this lad…he…he…”

This sounds like doubt to me, though the fact that he put it "said to be the number one assassin" tells me that he has never personally witnessed Tao fight and is just going off rep.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Tao would get washed in a fair fight. However with some prep time and no rules, Tao could win via sneak attack.

Hector

High Class Warrior
The only logical explanation for all that reputation is that Goku didn't get much stronger during the 3 years.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
The only logical explanation for all that reputation is that Goku didn't get much stronger during the 3 years.
I have thought about that theory. Everything would be so easy if the Baba Tournament never happened. Chaozu for example, certainly is portrayed as being weaker than Tao.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
As I said, there is conflicting evidence for both sides. You have to disregard other pieces of evidence to make either perspective work.