ToP U7 Equal PLs tournament

Pocket-God

Elite
Leaving out 17 and 18 since they'd have an unfair advantage and so I can make this work properly. :giraffe

Battle takes place on the ToP arena, ToP rules apply but there's no time limit.

Round 1-

M1: Tien vs Vegeta

M2: Frieza vs Krillin

M3: Roshi vs Piccolo

M4: Goku vs Gohan

Round 2-

M5: Winner of M1 vs Winner of M2

M6: Winner of M3 vs Winner of M4

Round 3-

M7: Winner of M5 vs Winner of M6

No UI Goku.
And these are the anime versions to no UI MAINLY GAINZ Roshi either.

Pocket-God

Elite
Round 1-

M1: Tien > Vegeta

M2: Frieza < Krillin

M3: Roshi < Piccolo

M4: Goku > Gohan

Round 2-

M5: Tien > Krillin

M6: Piccolo > Goku

Round 3-

M7: Tien < Piccolo

The only match I wasn't sure about was the last one but I decided to go with Piccolo because of regen and stretchy arms. :elmo

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Tien beats Vegeta, Tri Beam will completely obliterate Vegeta and anything he can throw at Tien.

Freeza's far more durable than Krillin, Krillin's also suffering from fear of death and stuff by the time Super's around so he'll have a psychological disadvantage against Freeza.

Piccolo stomps. Roshi's not a good fighter compared to anyone now.

If this is Super Goku then he loses. If this is Goku in DB, then he stomps. Gohan's a rusty fighter, Goku has years of experience under his belt along with Instant Transmission.

Tien stomps. Tri Beam takes out the cocky Freeza in a single shot.

Goku and Piccolo have fought before, and Goku came out on top. Piccolo's not beating an even more versatile Goku.

Goku beats Tien, Goku's aware of the Tri Beam.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Did you mean U7? Anyway...

M1 - Ten wins via Taiyoken + Kikoho. Vegeta has nothing to really counter it effectively.
M2 - Kuririn wins with Taiyoken x100 and ringout like against Gohan as long as he dishes it out straight away, of which I'd assume he would against someone who he hates for killing him. He can also use Kienzan effectively enough to injure Freeza whilst sticking to the no-killing policy.
M3 - Could go either way, depending on what technique each fighter uses first. Piccolo is more skilled at hand to hand combat, has more range with his arm stretching and can counter the Mafuba, but Roshi could win with the Bankoku Bikkuri Sho. Overall, I'd say Piccolo holds more advantages and better stamina, so he wins.
M4 - As long as the plot isn't nerfing Goku's intelligence, he wins. He was a lot of good techniques to fall back on such as Shunkan Ido, Taiyoken and Kienzan, whereas Gohan only has straightforward Ki attacks.

M5 - Kuririn wins by virtue of having a far more potent Taiyoken, and a regular one will be enough to damage Ten's eyes. He wouldn't be dumb enough to let himself get hit by the Kikoho, whereas Ten would have a difficult job avoiding the Taiyoken.
M6 - Probably Piccolo. Other than Shunkan Ido, Piccolo can counter Goku's techniques fairly well, not to mention it's been shown in Super he can now charge the Makankosappo whilst moving if he finds a good opportunity to use it as a finishing blow. Piccolo also has the Mafuba if necessary, so he's got a lot of ways to counter Goku compared to their 23rd TB match.

M7 - Purely depends on whether or not Kuririn gets the chance to use Taiyoken x100. If so, he's got this with ease. If not, it'd be an extremely close match as both are heavily skill-oriented, though I'd say Piccolo would edge this out. Most of Kuririn's techniques are well known by Piccolo, whereas Kuririn doesn't seem aware of Hellzone Grenade.

Pocket-God

Elite
Yeah, I meant U7. I have no idea why I said U8 instead and didn't even notice. :eek:of

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
M6 - Probably Piccolo. Other than Shunkan Ido, Piccolo can counter Goku's techniques fairly well, not to mention it's been shown in Super he can now charge the Makankosappo whilst moving if he finds a good opportunity to use it as a finishing blow. Piccolo also has the Mafuba if necessary, so he's got a lot of ways to counter Goku compared to their 23rd TB match.

However, Makankosappo still has a long charge time that would leave Piccolo open for any attacks if he were to use it.

withheldforprivacy

Elite
Suspended
TOP Rules do not mean exactly equal PLs. Going by Anime logic, I can see such a saga going like this...

M1: Vegeta and Tien are equal until Vegeta goes SSJ Blue and gains a moderate advantage. Tien's tri beam does not damage him but is strong enough to knock him out of bounds.

M2: Freeza has a moderate advantage. Krillin almost kills Freeza with a destructo disc, which Freeza barely dodges for plot reasons, then procceeds to one shot Krillin.

M3: Thanks to an unofficial manga/anime rule (The weaker is allowed to damage the stronger only if the stronger can regenerate), Roshi comes up with a strategy that ends up with Piccolo caught off guard and having a part of his body destroyed by an amplified attack. Piccolo regenerates and finishes off an exhausted Roshi.

M4: Goku wins because he's Goku and Gohan is Gohan. Period.

M5: Freeza raises a barrier against Tien's tri beam and finishes him off with a psychic attack or something.

M6: The first half of the fight is a warm up stage where Goku fights in base and Piccolo with weights. Several references to their 23rd TB fight are included. When they decide to get serious, Goku goes SSJ Blue and Piccolo removes his weights. Goku has a moderate advantage, but Piccolo manages to catch him off guard and traps him with his stretchy arms, Goku escapes by biting and eventually Piccolo recognizes Goku's superiority and gives up.

M7: The millionth Goku vs Freeza fight, full of expected cliches. Goku wins.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Pocket-Gog~ said:
However, Makankosappo still has a long charge time that would leave Piccolo open for any attacks if he were to use it.
He still managed to fend off Frost for long enough to charge it up through his other techniques. Of course, Goku wouldn't be as generous when knowing what the Makankosappo can do, though by anime logic, Piccolo ought to still be able to pull off a less potent version of it without much charge time as Cell did in filler. Even an uncharged one could prove good in breaking Goku's defences for Piccolo's other moves.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
1. Tien wins if he can distract Vegeta long enough with his clones while simultaneously forming a Kihoho to win the match.

2. Freeza has a durability advantage here. If Krillin is lucky enough to use his new kienzan technique abd successfully hit Freeza with it then he wins but otherwise he loses but I can see Freeza winning this match though.

3. Piccolo is probably as smart as Roshi here so he probably takes this.

4. Goku has a good track record on winning with equal battle power something that Gohan doesn't so his father wins here.

5. Freeza will kill this bald guy faster with his death beam.

6. Goku wins this. The match would be similar to their BT23rd match.

7. Goku wins IMO.