Vegetto = Gogeta in DBS?

SIAD

Elite
We know that in DBZ Vegetto is far superior to Gogeta.

It seems that in many DBS guides it is said that Vegetto = Gogeta in terms of power, only that Vegetto has a fusion time limit, greater than Gogeta's. Also, in case Goku and Vegeta have a power difference, it would imply that Vegito would be > Gogeta.

The way Vegetto and Gogeta are equal would imply that Goku and Vegeta would have the same power in equal ways.

Miss Scarlet

Low Class Warrior
Wasn't that source who puts vegetto = gogeta as equals a v-jump magazine with them being "equally matched trump cards"? If so, i am sticking to the manga, anime and guidebooks which puts potara > metamoru.

Even though, i like gogeta far more than vegetto.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah the V-Jump has had a historically bad track record of errors ranging from typos to blatantly full retard information like Boo obtaining power equal to SSJ3 Goku by absorbing Gohan... who himself is many times above Goku. I don't really prefer either fusion (although I do like Vegetto's design better outside of SSJ4), but I'd rather trust the manga and Daizenshuu which were written by people who weren't on as much crack and say Vegetto > Gogeta. Since it's Super and Heroes that's mainstream right now though, power chains being out of whack is a given.

SIAD

Elite
Yeah the V-Jump has had a historically bad track record of errors ranging from typos to blatantly full retard information like Boo obtaining power equal to SSJ3 Goku by absorbing Gohan... who himself is many times above Goku. I don't really prefer either fusion (although I do like Vegetto's design better outside of SSJ4), but I'd rather trust the manga and Daizenshuu which were written by people who weren't on as much crack and say Vegetto > Gogeta. Since it's Super and Heroes that's mainstream right now though, power chains being out of whack is a given.
@Papasmurf So could you say that Vegetto PSSJB (Arc Broly) = Gogeta PSSJB (Arc Broly)?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
@Papasmurf So could you say that Vegetto PSSJB (Arc Broly) = Gogeta PSSJB (Arc Broly)?
I'd put Vegetto above Gogeta tentatively. In the manga they never outright retconned Potara > Dance, only the part about the earrings being permanent. Plus there's a pretty big gap between regular SSJB and PSSJB as seen in Vegeta's sparring session with Beerus and the whole MZ fight in general, and Gogeta PSSJB (Broly) wasn't that dramatically above SSJB Vegetto (Zamasu) despite the Saiyans being stated to have gotten stronger since then.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
But if Toyotarou or someone else that's going to do the story in AT's stead goes ahead and says Vegetto and Gogeta are equal now, I'll use that as my headcanon for post-AT Super at least.

SIAD

Elite
But if Toyotarou or someone else that's going to do the story in AT's stead goes ahead and says Vegetto and Gogeta are equal now, I'll use that as my headcanon for post-AT Super at least.
@Papasmurf And who is stronger between Goku SSJB (Peak vs Merged Zamasu) and a hypothetical Gogeta Base (Vs Merged Zamasu) in the Anime?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
@Papasmurf And who is stronger between Goku SSJB (Peak vs Merged Zamasu) and a hypothetical Gogeta Base (Vs Merged Zamasu) in the Anime?
I think Gogeta needs SSJ to win against peak SSJB Goku. He seemed to completely break his normal limits to fry Zamasu's face with that Kamehameha.

SIAD

Elite
I think Gogeta needs SSJ to win against peak SSJB Goku. He seemed to completely break his normal limits to fry Zamasu's face with that Kamehameha.
@Papasmurf

So: Vegetto Base (Vs Merged Zamasu) >= Goku SSJB (Peak vs Merged Zamasu) > Gogeta Base (Vs Merged Zamasu/ hypothetical) In the Anime?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
@Papasmurf

So: Vegetto Base (Vs Merged Zamasu) >= Goku SSJB (Peak vs Merged Zamasu) > Gogeta Base (Vs Merged Zamasu/ hypothetical) In the Anime?
Yeah sounds about right. This was before V-Jump even made their bullshit statement about Vegetto ~ Gogeta so they shouldn't be taking that into account either.