Was Eighteen going all out against the kids?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Either she was, or she was suppressed down to a level that could give the kids trouble but not overwhelm them.

Perhaps she was looking for a fun match instead of just wanting to win the prize money.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SSJ Vegetto said:
Perhaps she was looking for a fun match instead of just wanting to win the prize money.
Except that it was clear from her attitude about the whole ordeal, she wasn't.

In regard to the topic, she was certainly going all-out. The supressed argument doesn't work when based on how people treat it, she could've lightly KO'd them at a controlled level had that been the case. Furthermore, for what guidebook material is worth, the Daizenshuu states that she was equal to Base Trunks.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I could. I was merely pointing it out in case anyone seriously brought it up later into the thread.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Furthermore, for what guidebook material is worth, the Daizenshuu states that she was equal to Base Trunks.
Quote please?

Disasters GoOn

Low Class Warrior
Dagon said:
Captain Cadaver said:
Furthermore, for what guidebook material is worth, the Daizenshuu states that she was equal to Base Trunks.
Quote please?
I believe that Cadaver is talking about this quote.

Daizenshuu 7 said:
He and Goten then participated in the Adult Division as Mighty Mask, demonstrating strength on par with No. 18's, until she managed to see through their disguise.

Lord Brofist

Low Class Warrior
Everything points to No. 18 at least taking the fight seriously. The entire thing is built up as the kids are strong enough that No. 18 can at least admire their strength. But the thing is, even if you take some account of No. 18 holding back, I can as easily make the point that the kids aren't fighting at their best due to Dead Weight Goten and costume.

So again, You'd reach the same point anyways.

Zoom

Low Class Warrior
Goku thought SSj Gokhan could defeat Gotenks absorbed Buu, while Gotenks (Trunks & Goten shouldn't be far behind their fathers) needed SSj3 to tangle with Super Evil Buu.

Unless Gokhan is a hyperbole, my point is A. Toriyama is all over the place with his statements and feats during the Buu arc.