What if both Goku and Freeza was rested and full power on Namek?

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
We've probably had this discussion before but I'm an old man and also too lazy to look through forum for answer, but basically thread title. Who would take it? What would happen as a result?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Goku would still take it, but it'd be closer. Perhaps Freeza wouldn't resort to the death saucers this time and not dig his own grave, but 100% full power is still far more draining than regular SSJ. I don't see any way he can win, unless he somehow gets the idea to try and find Goku in the ocean after knocking him there with the Nova Strike and finish him off before he recovers enough to continue the fight.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think Freeza's 100% stamina may have lasted another minute or so. Not enough to change the tide of the battle as even his Nova Strike didn't seem to damage Goku all that much. I don't see what else he could throw at him that would change the fight.

Side note, it's amazing that Freeza was able to even reach 100% after taking the Genki Dama. What a tank.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
To be fair, I can see Freeza maybe lasting long enough so Goku would die on Namek's explosion. Didn't Goku escape on the very last second?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
To be fair, I can see Freeza maybe lasting long enough so Goku would die on Namek's explosion. Didn't Goku escape on the very last second?
Mostly because he wasted time healing Freeza with his Ki donation and blasting him and stuff. It's difficult to say how it'd have gone if that didn't happen and he decided to go for the kill. I can see the argument that he'd run out of time though, since Freeza's stamina would last longer in this case.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Goku and Freeza were at full power. Their stamina was recovered when they reached their full power (SSJ for Goku and 100% for Freeza) for plot reasons.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Freeza's body was still damaged from the Genki Dama and missing half his tail tho

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I don't think anything actually affected Freeza's Ki since he was just roughed up a bit, but Goku was definitely on his last legs. He got a crazy amount of Deus Ex Machina with his infinite stamina and telepathy.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It seems going SSJ or SSJ2 for the first time fully restores your Ki. Goku after launching the Genkidama could barely stand, but he had enough Ki to fly at high speeds and react to an incoming Kienzan when he dropped out of SSJ after calling it quits in his battle with Freeza. Gohan seemed to have no more damage to his body either after going SSJ2, and SPC after achieving his variant of SSJ2 had no stamina loss from regenerating his entire body.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I don't think anything actually affected Freeza's Ki since he was just roughed up a bit, but Goku was definitely on his last legs. He got a crazy amount of Deus Ex Machina with his infinite stamina and telepathy.
I'd say a bit is an understatement. He couldn't even open one of his eyes. That and his tail make it look like it wasn't an ordinary injury. Not to mention he said "I'm still more than a match for you," implying that he did lose some Ki or stamina at the very least.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd say a bit is an understatement. He couldn't even open one of his eyes. That and his tail make it look like it wasn't an ordinary injury. Not to mention he said "I'm still more than a match for you," implying that he did lose some Ki or stamina at the very least.
I'd still say his power once he actually buffed up and reached 100% was his true full power. SSJ3 Goku after taking some damage and stamina loss from fighting Kid Boo for a couple of minutes thought he could reach his maximum power by charging his Ki. And if it was like those other cases where injuries/stamina loss hindered their full potential Freeza or Goku would say it, esp since Goku was obsessed with besting Freeza at his best.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Yeah he definitely reached 100% as was stated, but the Genki Dama absolutely took something from him.

Goku9001

Mid Class Warrior
Stamina at best but it wouldn't have made a difference. The story firmly establishes that Goku was stronger than Frieza.