When Did Pokémon Peak?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I think everyone can agree that the Gameboy Color Pokemon games are outdated. I was a genwunner and a gentwoer at one point but I think that everyone who grew up in the height of Pokemania like I have has grown out of that stage, since they have to be at least 30 years old at this point.

I think that either Generation 3 or Generation 4 is the peak of Pokémon. Generation 3 is closer to Generation 4 in quality than it is to Generations 1 & 2, but it still doesn’t have the physical/special split. Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD are far better side games than Pokémon Battle Revolution however, which is also worse than Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2, so it actually hurts Generation 4.

On a side note, Generation 5 is overrated but also still better than Generations 1 & 2, and so are the 3DS games which are underrated. I would say the Nintendo Switch Era of Pokémon is when Pokémon became even worse than the Gameboy Color games, and I don’t know why fans compare them too the 3DS games in quality other than the introduction of gimmicks like Mega Evolutions and Alolan Forms which are also present in the Switch games.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
Either Gen 3 or 4. Could argue Gen 2 since it was supposed to be the last games but the success made the series live on.

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
I think in terms of games, probably during the
Gameboy/Gamecube era of Gen 1/2 are the
absolute peaks with Gen 3 and 4 following
closely.

in terms of the card game and anime. probably the same with the games tbh.

Me personally, I liked the Gen 3 era the
best in terms of card games and anime/movies, but I appreciate the Gen 4 video games like Diamond/Pearl and Soul Silver/Heart Gold the most.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
i never played the card game. it was always YGO I went with in that department, same with how I used to buy Digimon cards but never even learned how to play.