Which character would you most like a backstory show/saga for?

Warmmedown

Elite
It's pretty weird we don't know anything about a lot of them.

Yamcha for me. It'd be interesting to see his bandit adventures and his overall backstory. He's introduced as a bandit who only has Puar as company, but he's one of the more sociable members of the cast (chats with the Z fighters, goes to help on Tien's farm, joins a baseball team in Super), so there's probably more to his past than the bandit life. Plus we can find out where his anxiety with girls and women comes from.

Tenshinhan would be interesting too. Something probably fucked him up for him to be a loner and asexual. Was it his pre-Crane life? Was it Crane's training?

Hector

High Class Warrior
Tenshinhan would be interesting too. Something probably fucked him up for him to be a loner and asexual. Was it his pre-Crane life? Was it Crane's training?
I once wrote a fanfic (which I then deleted) in which Tenshinhan was Taopaipai's son, and he has three eyes because Taopaipai beat up his mother, trying to make her abort.

Warmmedown

Elite
I once wrote a fanfic (which I then deleted) in which Tenshinhan was Taopaipai's son, and he has three eyes because Taopaipai beat up his mother, trying to make her abort.
Honestly, something similar to this would be a good backstory option, but when he was older and not as a prenatal or baby. Having parents like that could put you off relationships (maybe Chazou is in the way now too. AT needs to draw Chazou a wife). But it's hard to see that explaining why he's so distant with the entire crew of Z fighters. He could secretly feel like an outsider due to being from a different school and/or due to being treated like he was unworthy as a kid, even though he seems self-confident and trained with everyone for a long time at the Lookout. I guess he could be uncomfortable with Goku-Chi Chi and even with all the Krillin-18 talk at the end of the Cell Saga. But I'm not sure if he was already quite distant before that too.

We need a Yamcha-Tien side-manga, drawn by Shuzou Oshimi. Chazou is in the way though. Oh well. This makes me wanna up my manga-reading again.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Androids #17 and #18 always come to mind. Would be really interesting to find out what their lives were like before they became Cyborgs.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Dragon Ball has a lot of potential for spin offs. They could milk the shit out of it, like Star Wars but in a lesser scale.

I think people would love something about Yamcha’s origins. Was that Reborn as Yamcha thing official? Or just a Dojinshui?

My bet would be the world ages ago though. Show us Roshi’s story! How did he train with Mutaito, leave him for Karin, and then return to Mutaito? Did Tsuru leave Mutaito before or after he died? The manga and anime actually contradict each other on Tsuru. A story about Roshi and Tsuru’s relationship up to the 22nd Budokai (Going a bit into Tao, Tien and Chaozu on Tsuru’s side towards the end, and Gohan/Gyuu Mao on Roshi’s) would be interesting. Maybe seeing more of the Kaioshins, but Super did a weird job with Dai so not sure.

Explaining a bit more about Future Trunks’ timeline would be interesting. A bit dark though, with the Z Fighters dying and it might be boring because I doubt Gohan fought the androids that often. He probably only fought them a handful of times before dying. And I’m sure they’d make a plothole and ignore stuff like Trunks returning to the future between killing Freeza and meeting the present androids.

On more present events, we need to see more of other universes. U11 super hero stories? U3 Mechas? Maybe U2 as a parody of romance manga? U9 had some cool looking characters too. DB has a hell of an opportunity to spread and sell out with every other genre, but some of these would probably flop hard. Not mentioning U6 because they should appear in the main story.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
The OG Dragon God, Shenron. How he came to be, his realm, and whether his impatience is trivial or not.

The_Authority

Low Class Warrior
I think it would be cool to have a little spinoff series with Gohan and Gyumao training under Muten Roshi (like Goku and Kuririn did years later).