Why do people like the series Punpun?

Warmmedown

Elite
I read a few chapters a decade ago and just thought the kid was a fucking brat. I often come across people praising it though, like 2 minutes ago on the internet somewhere.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What's the premise of the story?

Warmmedown

Elite
Boy cries and turns into a bird, then can't turn back to a human and has to go back to human school but gets bullied for being a bird

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What lol. That sounds awful.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Cuz life is suffering. Punpun is heavily acclaimed as very good tho. But I haven't read.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Punpun's a pretty good coming-of-age story about unstable, corrupted, clinically depressed people. I think it's executed quite well, although in retrospect the Pegasus cult shit got to be a bit much. @Papasmurf We never really talked much about the story, but I imagine the weirdo apocalyptic cult subplot lost you when you read it?

Also, the art is really good. I'm sure some people also just like it so they can get their rocks off on the characters' suffering and edgy monologues and dialogues. I can't lie and say that I didn't appreciate that part of it.

Elitism, most likely.
>Why do people like [thing I don't like/understand/haven'tevenread]?
>It must be...ELITISM!

Good to know you're as juvenile as ever.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
It's from Indio Asano, same author from Solanin. It's a very good story, different, but maybe even better than Solanin in terms of execution and portrayal imo.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Punpun's a pretty good coming-of-age story about unstable, corrupted, clinically depressed people. I think it's executed quite well, although in retrospect the Pegasus cult shit got to be a bit much. @Papasmurf We never really talked much about the story, but I imagine the weirdo apocalyptic cult subplot lost you when you read it?

Also, the art is really good. I'm sure some people also just like it so they can get their rocks off on the characters' suffering and edgy monologues and dialogues. I can't lie and say that I didn't appreciate that part of it.

>Why do people like [thing I don't like/understand/haven'tevenread]?
>It must be...ELITISM!

Good to know you're as juvenile as ever.
I read it all like 3 years ago, barely remember anything at this point.