Why Doesn't Konami Make Zorc Necrophades An OCG Card?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Seriously, with the amount of Ra supports they made as not only additional modes (which weren't separate cards in the manga and anime), but like 9 Spell and Trap cards as well, I'm shocked that Zorc, the final boss of the Duel Monsters anime and evil counter to Holactie (which has been an OCG card for 10 years now) hasn't been adapted into the OCG yet. It could even be the perfect counter for Exodia decks, and Bakura's other "monster spirit" Diabound has long since been adapted into a card at this point. And :zorc is an infamous Yu-Gi-Oh! meme by now. Why don't they just make it an OCG card already? They clearly aren't worried about OP effects as long as they're difficult to actually pull off (such as Holactie's instant win effect, which is so hard to manage in the actual game that Holactie isn't even restricted like Exodia pieces are), so adding Zorc to the OCG shouldn't be hard. Hell, despite the lack of positive reactions that the Doma filler received in the fandom, all of the Legendary Dragons/Knights and even Dartz's ace monsters are all in the OCG/TCG at this point. They even brought monsters like Electromagnetic Turtle which were exclusive to the anime and weren't even directly summoned, to the OCG. As well as a ton of other anime-only cards in recent years, like Mai's OP cards from the Doma season.

Are they afraid of making Zorc too difficult to summon similar to stuff like the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth or that anime-only Ancient Dragon card from the KC Grand Prix, or is it just because Zorc wasn't technically a tablet monster? I don't even think that excuse holds up when you consider that the mini-Zorc from the Toei anime was adapted into a card despite not being a Duel Monsters card at any point.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
there is a weird zorc card, even-tho i don't think that's THE zorc i think. that card is still rather weak i think with a not-so good effect that seems more like something jounouchi might have in his so-called "gambling" deck i think. back in the old days, i think even the egyptian god-cards were released with a game but weren't allowed for official tournament use or anything i think. they could maybe at-least release that card in a similar way i think if they want to & could. i think that might be the only significant card left from that era. they even have friend-ship cards showing characters from the series i think but seemingly not zorc l0l.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah, there is a Dark Master - Zorc card that's based on the antagonist of the Monster World arc in the pre-Duelist volumes of the manga, but while they are counterparts, this is a much weaker Zorc. And since the Evil God Zorc that we talk about in this thread was the final antagonist of the series, I don't know why they haven't made a card of him yet, even though they made Holactie a card despite her only being a monster spirit/literal god in the manga and anime (with no card equivalent). It's even stupider when you consider that Zorc was more than a match for some of the most classic creatures in the series, like Exodia, the three Gods, and Blue Eyes/Ultimate Dragon/Dragon Master Knight, and you could easily turn his seemingly unstoppable nature into a powerful card effect. Plus, it being in Dark Bakura's decks in stuff like Duel Links would be very fitting.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
as that stands bakura's ace is dark necrofear, which is kewl but still zorc is kind-of him i think i think so that might make more sense :king :king :king

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Plus, Bakura stopped using Dark Necrofear after Battle-City, so it was really his ace for only a couple of duels :king

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, that's even weirder because bakura's deck was different in duelist-kingdom i think. he didn't have a card from duelist-kingdom there i think. yugi still had black-magician i think. art-work & promotional-stuff (i think) does seemingly present dark-necrofear as bakura's ace tho i think.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's because Duel Links mostly takes inspiration from the manga (which is why Bakura is wearing just his shirt rather than the teal jacket over the shirt), and Bakura doesn't duel in the manga version of Duelist Kingdom. And I guess there weren't enough cards from his Pharaoh's Memories arc deck that were adapted into the OCG, plus that arc isn't as popular as Battle City in the west.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah he is, which is why when Yami Bakura/Thief King Bakura's other ace monster Diabound was adapted into the OCG a few years ago, I was surprised they still hadn't adapted Zorc himself into the OCG when he was basically Atem's greatest adversary.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Should've told them not to ruin the Winged Dragon of Ra first

These are the effects of the strongest Egyptian God:

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can pay LP so that you only have 100 left; this card gains ATK/DEF equal to the amount of LP paid. You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, winged-dragon of ra card was kind-of ruined in the real version but then again osiris was the only card, let-alone god-card, that iirc got a page-spread all for himself in 1 of the sort-of recent art-books. every-other card, including the other 2 god-cards, only got a page i think. so maybe osiris is his fav. card :king :king :king

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Osiris probably got special treatment because he was Yugi's "signature" god card in Battle City. Ra was Marik's. But with how OP Ra was in the manga, the least they could've done is give him the same immunity as OCG Obelisk (can't be targeted) and allow him to absorb the attack and defense points of the tributes used to summon him since leaving your LP at a measly 100 just to summon one powerful monster with no immunity is suicidal, and this also means without spell/traps to increase your LP you can't use Ra's monster destroying effect, which in the OCG doesn't even WORK on Obelisk because it targets a card :punk

Ra was so severely nerfed in the OCG that they needed to give him like 9 support cards including two different forms (which weren't separate cards in the anime) wtf

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
ye, i think they could have given winged-dragon of ra a more flexible attack/defense point effect. in the manga iirc marik could add points to the card (via decreasing his life-points) however he liked i think. that could have been better i think. in yu-gi-oh! duel-links at-least there is a skill that allows marik to give the card the tribute points effect.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Right, but you need to play as Yami-Marik to even have that effect available lmao. Plus, even with that effect you're still left with 100 LP if you want to go for a one turn kill by massively increasing Ras Attack points, which means any kind of trap that burns your life points will cost you the game.

If I had to rewrite Ra's effects it'd be something like this:

Cannot be set. Must be Normal Summoned by Tributing 3 monsters. The original ATK and DEF of this card becomes the combined sum of the ATK and DEF of the 3 monsters Tributed to summon this card. This card cannot be targeted by other cards or destroyed by monster effects. One per turn, you may pay 1000 LP; send a monster from your opponent's side of the field to the GY. When this card is Special Summoned from the GY, it gains the following effects:

Pay all but 1 of your LP. Increase the ATK and DEF of this card by the same amount. You may also Tribute any monsters on your side of the field to add their combined ATK to this card's ATK.

If De-Fusion is set on your side of the field or in your hand, you may cancel this card's declaration of attack. Then, increase your LP by this card's ATK by sending De-Fusion to the GY. This card's ATK and DEF become 0 after the resolution of this effect.

This card is sent to the GY at the End Phase of the turn it is Special Summoned.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Of course, those effects are still pretty nerfed compared to anime!Ra who could attack multiple monsters and attack directly on the turn it is special summoned, as well as attack regardless of conditions that otherwise would stop it from attacking, but that's the most I'm willing to nerf the most powerful monster in the manga.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
there is also phoenix-mode i think but that's not in duel-links. then again duel-links doesn't have a-lot of classic cards anyway i think, even if you just want to use them in duel-world or something i think. in the manga monster reborn was 1 of marik's most over-used cards i think & arguably the key-card since his deck according to himself is iirc an "immortal" deck or something, yet you can't use that card i think.

exodia too, only yugi can use that with his skill i think & pegasus has access to mirror-force or monster reborn under a specific circumstance with a skill but no-one else can add that card to their deck i think.

so i guess nerfing the card, if u want to call that that, is to be expected in some-ways i think.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
btw, i think winged-dragon of ra having more flexible attack/defense points could be kewler, so that that depends on how many lp u want to give the card.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I can somewhat understand nerfing Ra so it can't just clear the entire field with its phoenix effect and such, but why on Earth did they make it unable to be special summoned? That's literally the stupidest shit, when Marik's whole schtick was special summoning Ra repeatedly. Plus, even the argument that they didn't want you to just toss it in the graveyard and revive it and end the game in one attack became invalid when they unbanned Cyber-Stein which can immediately summon Ultimate Blue Eyes with just 5000 LP (leaving you with 3000 if assuming you were at the 8000 you started out with), which combined with Megamorph is a lot more than Ra's 7900 from paying all but 100 of the 8000 you start out with. Then there's the fact that Ra has no immunity beyond its summoning not being negated, which doesn't mean shit if someone just uses Torrential Tribute immediately after Ra is summoned :ha :ha