Why Doesn't Konami Make Zorc Necrophades An OCG Card?

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
They do a lot of dumb shit, like releasing Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon before Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon in the TCG, or releasing both versions of Black Luster Soldier simultaneously in the TCG. Sometimes we get TCG-exclusive cards, sometimes it takes years for the TCG to get OCG cards or mere months. Who knows how Konami's release schedule works. I'm sure they will make Zorc a card at some point, maybe during another anniversary celebration or some villain/Bakura-centric set. I don't even know what his effect would be, though.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Pyro said:
They do a lot of dumb shit, like releasing Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon before Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon in the TCG, or releasing both versions of Black Luster Soldier simultaneously in the TCG. Sometimes we get TCG-exclusive cards, sometimes it takes years for the TCG to get OCG cards or mere months. Who knows how Konami's release schedule works. I'm sure they will make Zorc a card at some point, maybe during another anniversary celebration or some villain/Bakura-centric set. I don't even know what his effect would be, though.

My guess would be that it prevents the other player by winning through a card effect (Exodia, Destiny Board etc.) as a reference to Zorc stomping Exodia in the manga and anime. Don't know what its other effects would be though, or if it would have attack higher than say Dragon Master Knight (whom Zorc clashed with in the anime).

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I think I covered the relevant effects.

Js6e0yB.png

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
obelisk might have been the only 1 out of the cards to not be affected by effects because he seems to be the lowest god so they might have thought they give the card something the others don't :troll :troll :troll

not giving winged-dragon of ra better & more accurate effects nowadays does seem weird tho, with all the op cards & seemingly nearly every strong card having effect negation these days

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Oh, I also got the guidebook Takahashi did in accordance with DSoD. It's Japanese so of course I can't read it. Would I be able to post scans for translation here?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd try my best to translate them, but it depends on the amount of kanji that the guidebook uses.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd try my best to translate them, but it depends on the amount of kanji that the guidebook uses.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
off-thread but i was listening to this music today a-lot. epic. when jounouchi summoned gilford the lightning.

[youtube]PjMQ-XxP8P0[/youtube]