Why I Quit YuGiOh

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
I used to be a big fan of YuGiOh and played the game a lot with a friend and at a local card shop. It was fun but some things always bugged me.

1. Ban List: If you're going to make cards so good that they need to be banned, don't make those cards. But the real reason for the ban list is to make you buy the new booster pack series because all the money you spent on a good deck from previous series is now wasted.

2. Unoriginality: Only a few deck types win tournaments, and tournament winners don't even have to collect YuGiOh cards; all they have to do is find a tournament winning deck on Ebay and they'll probably save more money that route than buying a bunch of booster packs for the slight chance at getting good cards and building a deck from scratch.

3. Money money money: Sooo much money goes into this game if you are a "standard" player, the ones that buy booster packs, tins, and decks on a regular basis. I realized I could spend my money on more permanent entertainment solutions than this game.

4. Hot Female repellent: If you play this game, and are male, chances are you won't get a hot female companion any time soon. I can't say what it's like for females since I wouldn't really care if she played the game, but chances are if she plays this game she's not hot.

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
A mixture of to of those problems is cards that are worth a lot of money and after you buy em. Guess wat? BAN

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I stopped playing IRL because I didn't have time anymore and the cards were too expensive just to be reprinted a couple months later at a fraction of the cost and/or banned.

Plus, I don't like any of the meta decks these days; everything is far too complicated. What happened to "When this card attacks, it gains 500 ATK"? Now it's "When this card attacks, if you didn't summon this turn and have 2000 less LP than your opponent who killed your monster last turn, this card gains 200 ATK for every monster in your Graveyard that wasn't used for an Xyz summon. Then after attacking, Special Summon a Level 2 monster with 0 ATK and destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on your opponent's side of the field". Like, what the fuck?

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Pyrus said:
I stopped playing IRL because I didn't have time anymore and the cards were too expensive just to be reprinted a couple months later at a fraction of the cost and/or banned.

Plus, I don't like any of the meta decks these days; everything is far too complicated. What happened to "When this card attacks, it gains 500 ATK"? Now it's "When this card attacks, if you didn't summon this turn and have 2000 less LP than your opponent who killed your monster last turn, this card gains 200 ATK for every monster in your Graveyard that wasn't used for an Xyz summon. Then after attacking, Special Summon a Level 2 monster with 0 ATK and destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on your opponent's side of the field". Like, what the fuck?
So true though. And pendulumn summon is pure stupid

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
If anything I'd play in dueling network where you don't have to pay and just settle with an online deck and cards but even this I don't do anymore.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Epicnessbeyond said:
Pyrus said:

So true though. And pendulumn summon is pure stupid
I hate Pendulums. I can't imagine they'll create anything better for their next invention.

Super Saiyan Overlord1007

High Class Warrior
I quit playing long before I knew what the banned list was. What's the point of banning cards in the first place? OP cards like Exodia, the Egyptian Gods, or cards that can give the user an automatic win like: Final Countdown, Destiny Board, Exodia, God Creator of Light or Exodius than sure.

I quit playing because I was losing interest in the game. My school district had a tournament every year and I won the whole thing 3 years straight, beat all of my friends who played outside of the tournament and only had 4 or 5 loses in the 5 years I played the game so I quit from both lack of interest and challenge.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
1. That can't be helped... Work around it.
2. Don't worry about what others play. Be yourself and kick ass.
3. This one is true for the most part, but lots of good decks can be built by simply buying 3x Structure decks, then re-organizing with staples/etc.
4. Not true at all... You must have had bad luck. I got married at a young age and had 2 kids. My first boy played for a while too, yet got married himself and had a girl.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
I agree with most of what you said
But the first point really, Konami makes mistakes
Sometimes they don't realize how good some cards are going to be
Players are usually the people who find a way to abuse certain cards
But Konami can be dumb in keeping certain cards banned when they shouldn't be #freestratos

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Havoc_Wreaker said:
I agree with most of what you said
But the first point really, Konami makes mistakes
Sometimes they don't realize how good some cards are going to be
Players are usually the people who find a way to abuse certain cards
But Konami can be dumb in keeping certain cards banned when they shouldn't be #freestratos
#FreeStratos2015

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I only stopped playing because I lost my deck.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Players do find most ways to abuse a card, even old cards that used to be terrible, but there are times where Konami knows the monster it's creating and lets it run wild for a couple formats before doing anything about it. It's morbid.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Yeah I mean it's not all Konami fault but I mean
Nekroz can have there own Trishula but synchro version
Is banned How does that make sense?
And too many classic cards are banned for no reason still
Arghhhhhhh

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
The old cards will probably stay banned so Konami can make money off the new ones.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Maybe but some are just really op
I rather have them errata personally, I know it sucks but better to play em then not unless they make the cards like turd, also Im pretty sure choas dragon is coming back but as errata doe

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Havoc_Wreaker said:
Maybe but some are just really op
I rather have them errata personally, I know it sucks but better to play em then not unless they make the cards like turd, also Im pretty sure choas dragon is coming back but as errata doe
Errata made Sinister Serpent useless. :'(