Why ppl think that USSJ Trunks is stronger than 50% Goku?

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I don't get it. Was it because Krilin's comment? Goku's power up in Korin's tower pretty much shocked everyone including Trunks.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
When does shock automatically imply superiority? Could be cuz of the power relative to his form.

Oh and Cell said that he could beat if he can touch him.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Saiyan said:
I don't get it. Was it because Krilin's comment? Goku's power up in Korin's tower pretty much shocked everyone including Trunks.
I use to think this. If I am not mistaken too, The old Planet Namek power levels had USSJ Trunks higher than everyone besides SSJ2 Gohan and SPC. One of the reasons I don't make power levels lists anymore is because I spent too long adhering to the misguided lists on that site.

Also, in the context of the scene itself, it seems like Trunks was reaching absurd levels. There is other stuff peppered through the Cell Games that brings out the truth of the matter.

I do think people tend to nerf Trunks a bit though, to be honest.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Better than people who still think Grade 3 Trunks is stronger than Full Power Perfect Cell.

Bardock

If anything, they have to be somewhat equal. Take it as is, Goku was outclassed by suppressed Cell, yet Trunks was stated to be able to kill suppressed Cell if he was fast enough. I figure Goku is stronger, just because he was so strong at that point and knew he could solo Vegeta and Trunks. So, I'd guess USsJ Trunks is around 40 while Goku is at 50? Nothing to crazy, but USsJ Trunks is pretty powerful. I wouldn't be surprised if he still had stronger punches than Goku, yet Goku excelled in everything else.

Lightsworn

Low Class Warrior
Probably because of Krillin's quote. Which I just take it as 100% Goku > CG Trunk and CG Vegeta. Given how Goku is still top dog, I'd say he surpassed Trunks

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Bardock said:
If anything, they have to be somewhat equal. Take it as is, Goku was outclassed by suppressed Cell, yet Trunks was stated to be able to kill suppressed Cell if he was fast enough. I figure Goku is stronger, just because he was so strong at that point and knew he could solo Vegeta and Trunks. So, I'd guess USsJ Trunks is around 40 while Goku is at 50? Nothing to crazy, but USsJ Trunks is pretty powerful. I wouldn't be surprised if he still had stronger punches than Goku, yet Goku excelled in everything else.
Cell was at two different suppressed levels, though.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
But nobody think they are stronger than Goku. Even Vegeta himself wanted Goku to show what he got.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Vegeta said he was going to be the one to finish Cell, so he probably thought he was superior to Goku at that point. He had no idea that was only 50% of Goku's power shown on Karin's tower.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Vegeta thought he's stronger and Goku can be stronger than 50% but he weaker than Vegeta.

Vegeta > Cell > Goku > 50% Goku?

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
^Pretty much

Way I see it, Vegeta surpassed the power shown on Karin's lookout and assumed Goku's true power probably wouldn't be absurdly more than that. That would explain why he believes he's going to be the one to finish Cell and hella shocked when he see's Goku's real power.

Vegeta doesn't think Goku's going to beat Cell, so:

Super Saiyan Vegeta>Cell>Full-Power Super Saiyan Goku>50% Goku

Just like you said.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
50% Goku is much stronger than Resting Goku who is as strong as Cell when he fought Trunks and Vegeta... SSjinG 3 Trunks is not that much stronger than Cell
50% MSSjin Goku > SSjiG 3 Trunks s a fact

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Cell didn't power up again after fighting SSJG3 Trunks, and he had a slight advantage over 50% Goku, so 50% Goku need only be stronger than SSJG2 Vegeta.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Dagon said:
Cell didn't power up again after fighting SSJG3 Trunks, and he had a slight advantage over 50% Goku, so 50% Goku need only be stronger than SSJG2 Vegeta.
Cell never fought 50% Goku but initial post rosat Goku who is weaker than half his power

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Guliver said:
Dagon said:
Cell never fought 50% Goku but initial post rosat Goku who is weaker than half his power
Nope. Korin Compared Half Power Goku to the Cell that Trunks fought, and that wasn't strong enough in Korin's opinion. Goku wouldn't deliberately make his power even lower against an opponent that is that much stronger than him.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Korin thought Cell had more power he even said he has not shown his full power and I made a thread explaining why Goku was not using half his power

POOHEAD189

Low Class Warrior
I'm under the assumption that Goku displayed half of his power, but the hidden depths he had weren't exactly hidden either, which is what made everyone lose their shit. I don't think Goku walked around actively suppressed or actively kept his power hidden.