Worst DBZgames.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
We all know about Final Bout, which I enjoy to a wierd extent. What are some of your worst experiences playing a DBZ game? Tell me about the bottom of the barrel.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
DBZ: Taiketsu and Legacy of Goku 1 were hilariously bad. I did own Final Bout during first or second grade, but probably played it for no more than two minutes and thus don't have a vivid recollection of how awful it was, but those other two I have played thoroughly and hated. It's quite shocking that same company managed to produce a good game like LOG2 just the year after the latter was released.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
LOG1 is definitely up there. I cut it some slack though since it paved the way for Legacy of Goku II and Buu's Fury; two of my all time favourite games.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
DBZ: Taiketsu is probably one of the worst games I've ever played. LOG1 isn't that great, but it's not as bad as Taiketsu.

This new 3DS game (forgot the name) isn't that fun either.

Zippy

Super Elite
Mike said:
DBZ: Taiketsu is probably one of the worst games I've ever played. LOG1 isn't that great, but it's not as bad as Taiketsu.

This new 3DS game (forgot the name) isn't that fun either.
Dbz: extreme butoden?

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
Yeah, Taiketsu is easily the worst. That game truly looks like the shit that comes out of ones ass. It's ugly, the controls suck, and the game is fucking ugly.

I like how Cell transforms into Perfect Cell to do a super move, only to revert back to his Imperfect form. Broly does the same. Hell, all of the characters do that. Ugh.

Ultimate Battle 22 sucks, too. It doesn't suck as much as Taiketsu, though.

My favorite parts of playing Legacy of Goku:

1) Goku senses a huge power level that happens to be a dinosaur.
2) On namek, Goku heals from the Ginyu battle and fights Freeza in every form. Most anticlamatic final boss ever! Super Saiyan was kinda cool, I guess.
3) Beating up on Freeza's men.

I would purposely let Goku lose almost all of his HP and give him a senzu in hopes that he'd get a zenkai. As you can guess, this never happened.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I always did the menu cheat for LOG1 where you can't lose HP to make it easier, as that game was hard for me. It made it more enjoyable.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
I had no idea about that glitch.

It was pretty hard at times. The wild animals were kinda OP.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Yeah there was a menu glitch that allowed invincibility. Allows you to clear the game in half an hour tops.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Out of the ones that I've played, I hated Ultimate Tenkaichi.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
That game was pretty shitacular as well. I was hoping for a BT3 type game with character customization. The battling is stupid because it's pretty much luck based.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
There was this DBZ Sagas game or something like that at one point? That was kind of a mess as well, though not quite as bad as the likes of Final Bout.

I actually owned Taiketsu for the GBA, might still have it lying around somewhere. Was the first game I got for it...very disappointing.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
I don't mind Sagas as much as others do, but that might be because of nostalgia.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I played Sagas. Literally could not get past the Saiyan saga due to the horribly glitchy mechanics and sheer dull gameplay.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Legacy of Goku 1 is probably the worst DBZ game that I've played.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
The bosses in Sagas were unnecessarily hard.

Fighting Jheese and Butta took me close to an hr to beat them. Freeza? Even longer. The Future Androids? Almost 2 hrs. The easiest boss I fought was that Yardrat guy.

But when you pick Broly and fight those same boss battles, it's a cakewalk.