Would anyone else like to see Piccolo be more relevant?

LordBeefdip

Ever since the start of the Buu saga he has pretty much gotten the shaft all the way. The only note worthy things he did since putting up a good fight against his Cell Jr. was trying to kill Babidi, and training Goten and Trunks on the fusion dance.

I feel that especially from what I heard about RoF. Hard to sell that Frieza could not only train himself to a ridiculous level of power so fast, but that he could have an high ranking soldier that is far stronger than a Cell Jr. or SSj Vegeta at the Cell Games.

It would be really great to see him get enough of a power up so that he at least becomes somewhat capable of approaching Goku and Vegeta in power. Gohan too I would think, since both movies really didn't give him to much.

I also don't get the whole aspect of him questioning whether he could go SSj, since I thought that was redundant since the Elder Kaioshin powerup gave him all his power in base.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
He should kill the first major villain while Goku and Vegeta are training with Whis.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
At this point no I would not
It would be too bs for him to catch up to goku or vegeta
But they could have him kill lesser villains though like kp said

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
I'd like to see him be more relevant plot-wise. At this point, having him catch up power-wise would be way too forced unless it's something they build up to for a long time, but no way are they gonna give him that much attention (and even then the Saiyans would be growing at the same time). But if he could do something important here and there then I'd be somewhat satisfied. You know, just show us that you remember that he was a legit fighter at one point.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I think Piccolo getting bumped up to god levels would be a big pill to swallow. Some kimd of power up would be nice, maybe to like SSJ3 levels, in order to give Piccolo a little boost. Just for the sake of it. As others have said, he can battle secondary villains.

Edit: I swear Kyo is a professional ninja. B-)

FutureProtagonist

Low Class Warrior
I'd like to a kind of spiritual successor to the Garlic Junior arc. Gohan, Piccolo and the rest of them fighting someone, on their own, without Goku or Vegeta around to interfere.

FutureProtagonist

Low Class Warrior
No god power of course, but maybe have him catch up to Gohan? With Gohan being fodder these days, that wouldn't be a problem.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Apparently Piccolo might be getting a god power-up of sorts.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width="250" height="250" data='https://www.youtube.com/v/X8O8QsfqMVw&feature=youtu.be'>
<param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='never' />
<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />
<param name='movie' value='https://www.youtube.com/v/X8O8QsfqMVw&feature=youtu.be' /><param name='play' value='true' />
<param name='loop' value='true' /><param name='quality' value='high' /></object>

It's the only sauce I've got right now and it isn't fully prepped yet.

Lord Beerus

Low Class Warrior
I'd love to see Piccolo more relevant. He's such an underrated character and deserves to have one more big moment.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd like to see Piccolo become a Super Namek God or something similar. Whilst such a power up may seem forced and out of the blue, Namekian merger and the likes have been such an obvious yet underused power up for years, plus we need more Gods than just Saiyans in the main cast.

LordBeefdip

Kyo said:
I'd like to see him be more relevant plot-wise. At this point, having him catch up power-wise would be way too forced unless it's something they build up to for a long time, but no way are they gonna give him that much attention (and even then the Saiyans would be growing at the same time). But if he could do something important here and there then I'd be somewhat satisfied. You know, just show us that you remember that he was a legit fighter at one point.
If Frieza can go from being a scrub that is significantly weaker than SSj Namek Goku, to a level that could stomp Buuhan, all in less than half a year then I don't see it as any bigger of an asspull for Piccolo to go from (At least) Cell Jr. level to something approaching base Goku post BoG.

If anything it wouldn't even be as bad as some of the other powerups that he's gotten. Such as his seemingly astronomical leap from being much weaker than Nappa to whatever level he was that impressed Nail. Or his leap from being weaker than base Goku to a level rivaling SSj in 3 years.

A Namekian god form wouldn't actually be too difficult to accept. Especially if the initial form was still weaker than 4th form FnF Frieza and actually took a lot of actual practice and training just to be able to compare to base Goku.

Perhaps he could have other abilities to make up for a lesser power. Shake away the whole power being the deciding factor.

Seeing the humans get a powerup that big would be a lot...but I'd like to at least see them become stronger and more relevant. Maybe figuring a way to utilize Kaioken to a higher level in a stable way. At least to a point where they could defeat any previous villain sans any form of Buu.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Don't give Piccolo the same treatment the saiyans have gotten. They've gotten power-boosts beyond comprehension, I just want Piccolo to have an important role without getting a massive power-up.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
LordBeefdip said:
If Frieza can go from being a scrub that is significantly weaker than SSj Namek Goku, to a level that could stomp Buuhan, all in less than half a year then I don't see it as any bigger of an asspull for Piccolo to go from (At least) Cell Jr. level to something approaching base Goku post BoG.
Sure, but the fact that the asspull happened once doesn't mean it won't be bad a second time. I'd rather the new series not repeat previous mistakes, even though it will in all likelihood.

For the Saiyan Saga --> Freeza arc power up, yeah, that was pretty crazy. The gains leading up to the android arc aren't even comparable to that though, compared to the likes of Goku he really shot up but compared to the other power ups being discussed here it's not much (like 5x per year would make 125x in 3 years or something – just an idea, idk how much he went up exactly). Besides, you've got to remember that both of these boosts occurred well before Piccolo hit his implied limit (doesn't go into the RoSaT a second time, doesn't seem much stronger if at all during Boo arc).

But I digress. I wouldn't mind too much if he got some god form at this point, I guess (seems likely to be the case), if only because he's not a Saiyan. I'd just rather he didn't. It would be good if he or others could come across something to make up for their lack of power too, yeah.

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Emmeth said:
Don't give Piccolo the same treatment the saiyans have gotten. They've gotten power-boosts beyond comprehension, I just want Piccolo to have an important role without getting a massive power-up.
Well Piccolo got stronger in namek like 100,000x by his meditation. He got stronger from Trunks to Android Arc from base saiyan tier to SSJ tiers. Seems like AT really like him.

POOHEAD189

Low Class Warrior
Everyone here keeps saying that giving Piccolo a power up would be too crazy.
Crazier than say, Freiza fighting a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan?

Piccolo is the non saiyan that makes the most sense catching up power wise.