Would Potara/Fusion Dance really have been useless against OG73/Angel Moro?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Piccolo cited Moro's Spirit Fission as a reason for why Fusion and Potara would now be useless, but would they really have been? I mean, any idiot would be able to realize that Vegetto/Gogeta would be substantially faster than OG73 Moro who's far below MUI Goku, and Vegetto himself would be able to use Spirit Fission anyway to separate Moro from OG73.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
It only needs to land the hit once. That's how I interpret it.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Wouldnt the same apply to Vegetto/Gogeta trying to split OG73 from Moro? Plus, opponents like Zamasu and Broly failed to deal any damage to Vegetto and Gogeta (manga-wise; fuck the anime's nerfed Vegetto depiction).

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Wouldnt the same apply to Vegetto/Gogeta trying to split OG73 from Moro? Plus, opponents like Zamasu and Broly failed to deal any damage to Vegetto and Gogeta (manga-wise; fuck the anime's nerfed Vegetto depiction).
Think of it as anime merged Zamasu is buffed, rather than anime Vegetto is nerfed.

As far as your other question, maybe they didn't want to take the gamble.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
If Gogeta can use UIO, no way Moro would even get to see what hit him.

Think of it as anime merged Zamasu is buffed, rather than anime Vegetto is nerfed.

As far as your other question, maybe they didn't want to take the gamble.

But Anime Merged Zamasu isn’t Beerus level. It’s Vegetto who’s nerfed for shre.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
If Gogeta can use UIO, no way Moro would even get to see what hit him.

But Anime Merged Zamasu isn’t Beerus level. It’s Vegetto who’s nerfed for shre.
Manga Vegetto isn't Beerus level either because stronger characters are still weaker than Beerus. Shin simply doesn't know exactly how strong Beerus is.

Anime Vegetto would necessarily be stronger than manga Vegetto for those who think base Goku isn't BoG SSJG level in the manga.

SIAD

Elite
I think Vegetto / Gogeta Base would be slightly stronger than Vegeta PSSJB (Post Yadart), while Vegetto / Gogeta PSSJB would be a little stronger than UI Goku (Arc Moro), but since Gogeta would not have the UI, Moro OG73-I I could maybe take a swing at Vegetto/Gogeta and split it up.

Vegetto / Gogeta SSJBE would finish off Moro in an instant. I think when Piccolo made that statement, he wasn't thinking about a hypothetical Vegetto/Gogeta SSJBE.

I think Vegetto is >>>>> Gogeta in DBZ and DBGT, however Vegetto >= Gogeta in DBS.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Manga Vegetto isn't Beerus level either because stronger characters are still weaker than Beerus. Shin simply doesn't know exactly how strong Beerus is.

Anime Vegetto would necessarily be stronger than manga Vegetto for those who think base Goku isn't BoG SSJG level in the manga.

But V-Jump confirms Vegetto is at least comparable to Beerus. There are no characters in Super confirmed to be above Blue fusion (except Angels, of course).

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
But V-Jump confirms Vegetto is at least comparable to Beerus.
From what people knew at the time. They keep writing arcs where people power up monstrously.

There are no characters in Super confirmed to be above Blue fusion (except Angels, of course).
The anime clearly has ToP characters above Zamasu saga Blue Vegetto.

in the Granolah saga the wish that made Granolah and gas the strongest in the universe should include Broly who was compared to Beerus. And they're still nowhere close to Beerus with recent revelations. Comparisons to Beerus are like that kid that tells you he has a girlfriend in another school that you wouldn't know.

KyuubiAhri

High Class Warrior
It requires damage. Moro states it

it was stupid. Moro dodged Vegeta effortlessly, showing that spirit fission is useless when the enemy is much stronger

so Gogeta/Vegito wouldnt have had problems with Moro

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
That's why I think it was just an excuse to write off any type of Fusion so that MUI could shine in their stead.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
It requires damage. Moro states it

it was stupid. Moro dodged Vegeta effortlessly, showing that spirit fission is useless when the enemy is much stronger

so Gogeta/Vegito wouldnt have had problems with Moro
Could just be bad writing.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
in the Granolah saga the wish that made Granolah and gas the strongest in the universe should include Broly who was compared to Beerus. And they're still nowhere close to Beerus with recent revelations. Comparisons to Beerus are like that kid that tells you he has a girlfriend in another school that you wouldn't know.

But Broly is still the strongest too. Both in and out of universe sources confirm it. And since Gogeta Blue is stronger than Broly, logically Vegetto Blue is stronger than Beerus too.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
But Broly is still the strongest too. Both in and out of universe sources confirm it. And since Gogeta Blue is stronger than Broly, logically Vegetto Blue is stronger than Beerus too.
You phrase that as if Vegetto if formed during DBS Broly would be the same strength as he was in the Zamasu saga, as if Goku and Beheta haven't changed their power levels since then.

DBS:B Gogeta is formed from stronger components than Zamasu saga Vegetto. DBS: Broly Gogeta is stronger than prior fusions. Therefore you can't make a claim to what Zamasu Saga Vegetto's strength would be based on DBS:B Gogeta because the root of their powers are not the same.

Are you one of those people that think Goku and Vegeta hardly change their power levels aside from gaining new forms past resurrection F?

Broly could have risen past the Granolah saga powers from training since that saga ended.

It is possible that Broly wasn't factored into the wishes to be the strongest if he was at Beerus' planet since that is outside of the universe. I'd rather have more direct confirmation on that.

Both the anime and manga have given erroneous comparisons to Beerus. Gowasu said SSJ2 Goku rivals a god of destruction, yet GoDs are still considered a tier above everyone in the ToP.

The writers just don't know how strong they want Beerus to be and make these kinds of statements to stir up hype and discussion. It works since we are here discussing it.

As far as I'm concerned Beerus is still leagues stronger than everyone and prior fusion characters are already surpassed even by the Granolah saga, and those characters are still weaker than Beerus.