Would you take Super's take...

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Besides, Goku wouldn't discard the kids due to lack of experience. He let the whole fate of Earth in their hands when he could have finished Boo... He saw them in the Boo saga as the only hope and trusted in them to solve something that was way riskier than just a tournament. If Goku thinks they are stronger and more up to the task, he would logically not hesitate in bringing them along.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Ok, So Piccolo’s power is a surprise.

So…

Piccolo (U6) > Majin Buu > Piccolo (RoF)

What’s the problem with that?

Goku chooses Piccolo for U6 over Gohan and the boys not because of power but because of reliability. Why is that an issue?

They just discarded the boys power at RoF, just like Goku discards Gohan’s power for U6.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
With Gohan, it was related to him not being a fighter anymore and being more into academics. With the boys, he had no qualms leaving the fate of the Earth to them before. He relies on them. Goku didn't know Piccolo had reached God level or he wouldn't treat Boo as the first option.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
With Gohan, it was related to him not being a fighter anymore and being more into academics. With the boys, he had no qualms leaving the fate of the Earth to them before. He relies on them. Goku didn't know Piccolo had reached God level or he wouldn't treat Boo as the first option.

Why didn’t they call for the boys help against Freeza?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Why didn’t they call for the boys help against Freeza?
Because Super has no consistency. I mean, would Kuririn and Roshi be more relevant than the boys? They would not.

If anything, it shows already how Super lacks consistency with the original manga rules. Can you imagine Roshi, Kuririn, Tenshinhan being summoned up to fight a bigger threat than Boo, and not Goten and Trunks following the Boo arc logic?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I can see shafting the boys for Piccolo’s sake, but putting Kuririn and Roshi in there was really weird. Especially Roshi.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I’m pretty sure Tori just forgot about 18 lol. The anime has her stay behind with her kid.

BedroomBully

Low Class Warrior
An inconsistency is an inconsistency lol
what is there to explain fanbuddy?

I think at some point we have to agree that
DBS has some golden nuggets for powerscaling, but most of the scaling presented are just as bad as some of the
Toei hax in the anime and GT stuff.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
@SIAD Akira Toriyama answered this back when the movie was coming out. The adults didn't want to risk the kids dying because they're the next generation.

In reality, I think Toriyama just likes the old characters more.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
@SIAD Akira Toriyama answered this back when the movie was coming out. The adults didn't want to risk the kids dying because they're the next generation.

In reality, I think Toriyama just likes the old characters more.
All it takes is one trip to New Namek to revive them lol, shitty as hell excuse.

But yeah AT probs does like the OG DB characters more. Same reason why he'd rather resurrect Freeza again and again instead of giving other villain characters more shine.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
New Namek is too much of a cheat. Even if AT didn't forget it, he'd be doing right by ignoring it.

All it takes is one trip to New Namek to revive them lol, shitty as hell excuse.

Tell that to Future Trunks lol

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Super has the same level of canonicity as the guidebooks, they’re both secondary canon, so they can both be used to back up evidence shown in the 1984 Manga.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Only canon is the video games. End of. And the cards with battle power and V-Jump too.