Xenoverse 2 Tips

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I started working on the Freeza missions last night. I'll keep doing those. I got a potential unlock from Big Daddy Guru as well.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Whoever thought having battles within Freeza's ship was acceptable needs to be executed. That is the most aids bs I've dealt with in this game.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Future Warrior said:
FighterZ is objectively the best DB game to date. I'm just not a fan of 2D competitive fighters so I only played for a few weeks after buying.

I wouldn't say that. It's definitely one of the best DB games to come out in the 2010s but between its shitty story mode, the fact that most characters are locked unless you complete said story mode (which is still shit) or pay for DLCs, it's far inferior to Kakarot or some of the old classics. Imo anyway.

Future Warrior

Elite
Nobody in their right mind would buy a 2D fighter to play the story mode. That's literally not a thing that happens unless you want to waste your money.

Look, I prefer Kakarot over FighterZ, but that's because Kakarot happens to offer what I seek from a DBZ game. It's still a fact that FighterZ is overall a game that was given thousands of time more care towards.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Future Warrior said:
Nobody in their right mind would buy a 2D fighter to play the story mode. That's literally not a thing that happens unless you want to waste your money.

It's still a DB game though, primarily intended for playability by DB fans. If the DB story mode is shit and completing the story mode is the bare minimum I need to do to complete the game, it's a net negative in regards to my opinion of it.

Future Warrior said:
Look, I prefer Kakarot over FighterZ, but that's because Kakarot happens to offer what I seek from a DBZ game. It's still a fact that FighterZ is overall a game that was given thousands of time more care towards.

That's why I prefer Kakarot as well, but while some of Kakarot's flaws annoy me (like the constant glitching when playing several hours a day), it's not a game that resigns me to either spend ages honing my mastery of the controls by playing against the COM, or memorize controls for every character on some online FAQ to stand a chance at winning online. That's why DBZ game or not, I prefer Kakarot because there's just much more to do in that game, plus Kakarot has many save files which allows me to relive the experience as many times as I wish. Replaying FighterZ's shitty story mode or getting my ass kicked online because I don't play that game all the time doesn't really entertain me.

Future Warrior

Elite
That’s not a flaw of FighterZ, that’s a flaw of players like you and me who don’t want to spend hours to become as good in the game as possible. That’s like saying Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat are worse games than Kakarot based on that fact alone. Kakarot is defined by its story, FighterZ isn’t.

There is no bare minimum for completing FighterZ, that’s why it’s optional.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Stuff like Tekken have fleshed out characters by giving them individual story modes as well as a tournament mode, whereas FighterZ has a fanfiction story mode and half-assed galaxy whatever modes we already saw in Raging Blast/2. I have no doubt that FighterZ has plenty of references to the series in character movesets, and that the movesets themselves are way more deep and intricate than the typical DBZ fighting game like Budokai or Sparking. I don't care enough about playing as Roshi or Jiren to pay for the DLCs, the DLCs aren't available in the story mode, and the story mode is really all the game has other than online. Maybe if the story mode, instead of three versions of a bad fanfiction, had story modes for each character (along with story modes for DLC characters) I might feel differently, but overall I don't like the game all that much. It just plays like the games you mentioned above, with DBZ models serving as skins. It's not bad by any means, and if I could have friends come over during this COVID faggotry I might enjoy it more than Kakarot because I could play with them and not sweaty fat nerds online who spend all day on the game, but eventually I got bored, and bored faster than with several other DBZ games.

The bare minimum is completing the story mode, because you don't normally consider a game complete until you've unlocked all the characters and can play it to its maximum (DLCs nonwithstanding, although I did purchase Vegetto Blue).

Maybe if I didn't know what DB was and just purchased it as another fighting game in my collection, I'd enjoy it more than any other DBZ game because the combat is admittedly fast-paced and smooth. But my incentive for playing DB games is to live out the experience of the anime and manga, just like with Pokemon or any other Japanese game franchise. Can't really give it more bonus points for a DBZ game when the story is shit and I'd need to delegate large chunks of my free time as an adult with responsibilities to get good at it to the extent that online mode can entertain me.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
So I completed the training with Vegeta to unlock Super Saiyan.. why the hell do you go straight to SSJ3? Wtf lol

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I think which SSJ form you go into depend either on your Ki or stamina, so you'll naturally go into SS3 if it's full.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
They offer an additional stat boost to those already given by your clothing. I never found it that necessary though beyond the trophy/achievement for using one, so don't waste your best clothes on it.