Yami Bakura vs Mai Valentine (Battle City Semi Finals)

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Instead of dueling Yugi, Bakura duels Mai in the battle city Semi Finals. Who would win?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It appears in the manga, Bakura had De-Spell in his deck which in Battle City rules in the manga operates like Magic Jammer without the cost in Spell Card form, and since Bakura is a rival for Kaiba, Yugi, Yami Marik etc. when God Cards are removed from the equation I would say plot would allow Bakura to draw and set it to counter Harpie's Feather Duster.

So I'd give it to Bakura more times than not, unless Mai whips out the Harpie Sisters early in the Duel and offs Bakura's LP before he can put Dark Necrofear in the GY and start the Destiny Board combo.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
It appears in the manga, Bakura had De-Spell in his deck which in Battle City rules in the manga operates like Magic Jammer without the cost in Spell Card form, and since Bakura is a rival for Kaiba, Yugi, Yami Marik etc. when God Cards are removed from the equation I would say plot would allow Bakura to draw and set it to counter Harpie's Feather Duster.

So I'd give it to Bakura more times than not, unless Mai whips out the Harpie Sisters early in the Duel and offs Bakura's LP before he can put Dark Necrofear in the GY and start the Destiny Board combo.
True. I have been thinking about how the characters scale in Battle City, and yeah Atem would have for sure lost to Bakura without Slifer. I am tempted to say Bakura was the strongest non God duelist but then I just stopped and remembered that he did worse against Marik than Jonouchi and Mai did even with Marik's good side helping him.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
He did worse against Marik because Marik knew his previous strategy, where-as Bakura didn’t know new Marik’s. Also Marik didn’t know all of the abilities of the card. In the manga he played more intelligently too by letting the card stay in the grave-yard, instead of trying to summon it.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
He did worse against Marik because Marik knew his previous strategy, where-as Bakura didn’t know new Marik’s. Also Marik didn’t know all of the abilities of the card. In the manga he played more intelligently too by letting the card stay in the grave-yard, instead of trying to summon it.
True. Do you agree with this chain?:

Yami Yugi (Slifer, Obelisk, FS) > Yami Marik (FP) >>Yami Marik (Stronger Deck, Semi Serious) > Yami Yugi (Slifer) = Seto Kaiba (Obelisk) >> Yami Bakura > Yami Yugi (No Gods) >= Seto Kaiba (No Gods) > Strings/Good Marik (Slifer) >> Jonouchi (with Gilford + Plot Powered) > Yami Marik (Stronger Deck, Fucking Around) > Odion Ishtar > Jonouchi > Mai Valentine > Yami Marik (Initial)

I didn't include Ishizu due to the necklace thing and we only see the normal Marik duel through Strings so I only included him.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Perhaps. Jounouchi is hard to gauge because his personality is what made him fall so easily into Rishido's trap (he didn't, but he definitely was bothered by it). Yugi did say him and Kaiba are even in skill, but Kaiba could even have a lead if you want to, because Yugi just admitted defeat if it wasn't for Jounouchi's REBD and that mental pep-talk he had with him.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Perhaps. Jounouchi is hard to gauge because his personality is what made him fall so easily into Rishido's trap (he didn't, but he definitely was bothered by it). Yugi did say him and Kaiba are even in skill, but Kaiba could even have a lead if you want to, because Yugi just admitted defeat if it wasn't for Jounouchi's REBD and that mental pep-talk he had with him.
Kaiba only survived the duel between Osiris and Obelisk because plot made Yugi a coward and not immediately attack using a 3000 ATK Osiris + Pot of Greed combo and immediately end his turn (manga-wise). Plus Kaiba's Soul Exchange in the anime was even more haxed than it was in the manga with it literally allowing him to tribute every monster on his opponent's side of the field at zero cost which is fucking insane, even moreso than the manga/anime's Card of Sanctity effect.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Kaiba only survived the duel between Osiris and Obelisk because plot made Yugi a coward and not immediately attack using a 3000 ATK Osiris + Pot of Greed combo and immediately end his turn (manga-wise). Plus Kaiba's Soul Exchange in the anime was even more haxed than it was in the manga with it literally allowing him to tribute every monster on his opponent's side of the field at zero cost which is fucking insane, even moreso than the manga/anime's Card of Sanctity effect.
What do you think about my chain?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
What do you think about my chain?
Have you seen Takahashi's Duelist stats? They place Yami Marik slightly lower than Kaiba and Yugi (Atem) due to shittier luck stats than the latter, and Bakura lower in almost every field except his deck structure (only characters with 5/5 deck stats are Kaiba, Ishizu, and Pegasus IIRC).

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
Have you seen Takahashi's Duelist stats? They place Yami Marik slightly lower than Kaiba and Yugi (Atem) due to shittier luck stats than the latter, and Bakura lower in almost every field except his deck structure (only characters with 5/5 deck stats are Kaiba, Ishizu, and Pegasus IIRC).
I haven't. I looked it up but that shit is expensive.

Don't see why Pegasus deck structure would be a 5, seeing as how crap a toon deck is in real life, especially in that era.

Ishizu's deck was just random, though EOTS is crazy broken, especially it's anime effect.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I haven't. I looked it up but that shit is expensive.

Don't see why Pegasus deck structure would be a 5, seeing as how crap a toon deck is in real life, especially in that era.

Ishizu's deck was just random, though EOTS is crazy broken, especially it's anime effect.
SuperSaiyan2 and KP posted it on the forum a while back. Might wanna search their posts, they mentioned Marik (normal)'s stats are listed under Strings' profile since Strings had no will of his own.

Also as for Pegasus' deck structure being high, you gotta remember that in the anime and manga Toon World just converts any monster card into its toon counterpart and there's no crappy life point cost like in the OCG and post-Battle City anime so if TW was still in play when Pegasus played Relinquished, it would've been beastly.