Yoshi Reads Shingeki No Kyojin

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Dropped this awhile back because it doesn't go anywhere and got really fucking boring.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Same here. The art's pretty bad outside of the Colossal Kyojin too. I've also heard that the manga has the same problem as many Shonen in that some of it's plot points feel like missed opportunities to be more original, a good example being Eren gaining Kyojin power causing the originality of weak characters using teamwork to take on strong foes becoming less apparent.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Honestly, it could have been great, but as you said it misses every opportunity to be that way.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
I've not read it since chapter 50, so it's been close to 2 years. I don't remember too much, but I remember being very irritated at the colossal/armored titan reveal in particular since that was just dismissively dropped in front our faces in the most underwhelming way imaginable. Overall the plot's whatever and the characters poor.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Damn, so why does Grid like this shit? Because it's like Hueco Mundo?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I remember him saying that it's a series you either like or you'll hate, with him mentioning the action being one of it's strong points.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Well so far I see potential in it, but from what you guys have said, it seems like wasted potential to me.

Satsuki

High Class Warrior
Retired Staff
Orange Wrath said:
very irritated at the colossal/armored titan reveal in particular since that was just dismissively dropped in front our faces in the most underwhelming way imaginable.
Right? It was just like "oh yeah, by the way we are that, no big deal" when its a major fuckin deal.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Big Green The Yoshi said:
Damn, so why does Grid like this shit? Because it's like Hueco Mundo?
Past tense, not present, as far as I know. But regardless of that, most people liking it shouldn't be a surprise, which is the case.