Yoshi Watches Inuyasha

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I've watched 10 episodes so far. I plan to watch a lot more tomorrow.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Fuck Inuyasha. Watch Ranma and Urusei Yatsura instead.

Also Inuyasha goes into a filler hell starting at episode 60-70 or so

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I don't see any real problem with it. Inuyasha reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist. Both are Battle Shonen but they also don't follow that many traditional Shonen archetypes.

Kikyo got revived. This should become even more interesting.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Because you're early into the show. It repeats itself into oblivion not long after, to the point that after around the time Inuyasha unlocks the second additional technique of the Tessaiga, it's more or less a parody of itself. The same thing happens over and over and over with the Tessaiga powering up only for its new power to be made useless by Naraku's next upgrade, and side villains who are against Naraku are just time wasters that lead to Naraku transforming again or gaining more jewel shards, ad nauseum. It's also one of the very few manga over 50 volumes where the main villain doesn't change until the very end of the series. Even Bleach changed out Aizen after the first three to four arcs.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Naraku should be showing up soon. Also, Inuyasha and Kagome's relationship is totally tsundere.

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
When does this actually get somewhat good? I tried watching this when I was younger but was bored out my mind for the first 10 episodes.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
When does this actually get somewhat good? I tried watching this when I was younger but was bored out my mind for the first 10 episodes.
It isn't good at all until the Shichinintai arc and it's still mediocre there. And that's like 90 episodes in. Not recommended. It also goes downhill immediately after and has about as much filler as Naruto and Bleach on top of being as repetitive as Pokemon and JoJo Stardust Crusaders.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Also other than Miroku x Sango and Inuyasha x Kikyou this show has the worst romances ever.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I watched 25 episodes so far. Sango has arrived.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I’m watching the second season now that I’ve finished watching Anime with my brother.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I’m on episode 15 of Season 2. I can’t wait for Kikyo and Sesshomaru to make their next appearances. The goose chase with Naraku is getting a little boring, but I hear he gets more powerful.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Inuyasha sucks. It's all one giant goose chase with pure repetition

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Should I watch Detective Conan or Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple more than InuYasha?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Look up plot important episodes of Conan. Definitely not worth the time to watch all 1100 episodes.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I just looked up the Kenichi Anime and it’s 50 episodes long despite being of similar length as InuYasha in Manga form. It also never released in English and sold under 20 million copies worldwide. That’s some weeb shit, LMAO!

Symbiote

High Class Warrior
I’ve read Kenichi years ago and thought it was a fun read.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
If they ever make a live action adaptation of Inuyasha they will definitely have to age up the characters due to all the situations middle schooler Kagome was put in.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
They probably will at some point. InuYasha has risen in popularity again thanks to Yashahime.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
If they ever make a live action adaptation of Inuyasha they will definitely have to age up the characters due to all the situations middle schooler Kagome was put in.
She was 15 tho, which is HS age in the US. And in medieval times 15-16 was adult age. Hell the age of consent in Japan was 13 during the Meiji era which was only rectified recently.