Young Roshi and Tsuru-Sennin

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
When Roshi was speaking about the terror of the demon king Piccolo, he said:

"In our younger days, not only Tsuru-sennin and I, but even our master Mutaito-sama was no match for him..."

This places a hierarchy of Mutaito > young Roshi >=< young Tsuru

But would this dialogue also extend to current Roshi from the 22nd Budokai, meaning his younger self and Mutaito were above him? I think Mutaito yes, since there was a high emphasis put on him by saying "but even our master"... But I'm not sure if there's an implication for Roshi young being > 22nd Roshi necessarily. VIZ had Roshi saying "even my younger self", but Herms and the anime have it just more like "not only me and Tusuru, but even", with the emphasis being more Mutaito exclusively. Unless young Roshi and Tsuru are there functioning to amplify even more Mutaito?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I think the meaning is still the same. You have to ask yourself why Roshi would even bring up his younger days to hype up Piccolo Daimao.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
I think it's worth pointing out the gang probably doesn't know how strong Roshi is currently. He trained in secret for the 22nd Budokai and only showed his new strength while disguised as Jackie Chun.