Zeta is moving to Xenforo

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
With the recent troubles we've had with internal errors (on and off for 2 years), and without guys like Paladin/Itachi around, I am simply unable to combat these issues on phpBB. I've gone ahead and purchased a Xenforo license and will be hiring someone to migrate all of our users, posts, and as many things as possible to the new software. Rest assured that the most important things will not be lost.

I don't have a timeline for when this will happen yet as it's a long weekend and I'm not expecting this guy to be working right now. I will say this -- expect some rough patches as I get used to the new forum software. The site might be pretty bare-bones for a while, but I'll be happy as long as we have a stable website to use.

Hopefully we won't be putting up with this error 500 nonsense for much longer. As soon as I have information about whether passwords will be the same or reset, I'll let you know.

We've had a fantastic run on phpBB, but it's time to move on to hopefully greater things.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
pms & all will be gone, right?! (if u can & want to answer)

hopefully everything can float-over right from this board to new 1 because losing threads/posts & stuff might be sad i think i think

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
PMs might be transferable but I'm not sure yet. All posts and threads will be transferred which is most important.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Here is a thread that details this guy's services:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/migration-and-specialty-import-services.158384/

It sounds like he will try to keep as many things as possible during the transfer (PMs, emoticons, and even likes). What can be carried over varies from forum to forum, but once I have the exact details I will relay that information here.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The Xenforo license costs $160USD. To hire the guy for migration will cost around 140. Honestly not that bad to hopefully give us permanent stability. Have already had some donations which I'm extremely grateful for.

Zippy

Super Elite
Respect bro for all the effort and money you put into this place ☺️

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
So, did the move occur today? Been constantly getting that Error 500 almost all the time since it resurfaced until right now.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Nah, Xenforo is a completely different forum software. It'll be like how we moved from Zetaboards to phpBB. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy who I'm assuming is on holiday this weekend.

The forum might be stable right now, but I was pretty much told that it's inevitable for the error 500 to return (and there's no telling whether it could persist permanently). The sooner we get out of here the better.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Update: I've confirmed that the majority of the board will carry over, including private messages. All passwords will remain the same as they are now. If for whatever reason you have trouble logging in, make a new account and I can manually reset your password.

I'm getting the quote on how much the migration will cost and then hopefully we can get it done.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I've got the quote and am in the process of finalizing the deal. At some point the forum will be backed up so that the transfer can occur, so it's possible that we may lose a small number of posts. I'll let you know when I think this will be, but I don't advise posting anything too important just in case :king

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Well I'm finally able to get this page to load to say good job on moving, so it feels like it's the right choice.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I still get the 500 error frequently so fucking good riddance.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Transfer could be happening somewhat soon.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
We're scheduled for the 15th but it could be earlier. Everything will be backed up at that point so don't worry about losing posts for now.

VampireWicked

High Class Warrior
Super Saiyan said:
We're scheduled for the 15th but it could be earlier. Everything will be backed up at that point so don't worry about losing posts for now.
So the URL will change too?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Nah it will still be dbzeta.net