Goku was using his 50% before his power-up against Cell?

SIAD

Elite
It strikes me that Vegeta called Goku MSSJ (50%) and Cell (Suppressed against that version of Goku) weak. Vegeta knew that the two of them weren't really fighting and yet Vegeta believed that he could easily defeat Cell.

Could it be that Goku was using less than half of his power? Or is it that Goku MSSJ (100%) >>> Vegeta SSJ (CG)> Cell / Goku MSSJ (Vegeta's estimate)> Goku MSSJ (50%) = Goku MSSJ (Initial against Cell)?

SIAD

Elite
[mention]Captain Cadaver[/mention]
[mention]Kenshi[/mention]
[mention]Fantastische Hure[/mention]

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I don't think so. At 50% he'd be massively above Grade 2 Vegeta from prior to the 2nd RoSaT trip, and I don't think they'd quite be at such a high level in just the warm up phase of the fight. It wasn't like everybody was shocked at how far above Vegeta or Trunks Galu was, plus Galu didn't do any visible power up. Whereas when Piccolo Jr. and Galu were warming up in the 23rd, everybody was shitting bricks already.

SIAD

Elite
Kenshi said:
I don't think so. At 50% he'd be massively above Grade 2 Vegeta from prior to the 2nd RoSaT trip, and I don't think they'd quite be at such a high level in just the warm up phase of the fight. It wasn't like everybody was shocked at how far above Vegeta or Trunks Galu was, plus Galu didn't do any visible power up. Whereas when Piccolo Jr. and Galu were warming up in the 23rd, everybody was shitting bricks already.

And what % do you think Goku used in his fight against Cell, before turning on 100%?

SIAD

Elite
I watched the Anime and Manga and I am thinking that Goku was using less than his 50% in the Warm-up against Cell.

Although when Piccolo felt the power of Goku MSSJ (50%) he commented that perhaps it is not all his power. Deep down, everyone believed that Goku MSSJ's power (50%) was all his power or close to all his power.

Vegeta, seeing the warm-up between Goku and Cell, commented that those fighting levels were low. Vegeta hoped that Goku and Cell were much stronger than what they were showing in their warm-up and even so, Vegeta believed that he was the strongest of all.

Goku MSSJ (50%) >>> Vegeta SSJ (CG)> Goku MSSJ (50%) >> Goku MSSJ (Warming up against Cell).

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
He didn't visibly power up at all, which is required to raise his power to any significant percentage. 10-20% tops, plus the Kamehameha he used on Cell was smaller than the one he used against fucking Raditz.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
He was at a level lower than his 50% self since only Gohan was aware he had more power than that, yet most of the Dragon Team seemed aware he wasn't going all out from the start. It wouldn't be by a great amount though as nobody commented on the two being too casual in their warm up until both took things more seriously, so probably no lower than 40%.

SIAD

Elite
Captain Cadaver said:
He was at a level lower than his 50% self since only Gohan was aware he had more power than that, yet most of the Dragon Team seemed aware he wasn't going all out from the start. It wouldn't be by a great amount though as nobody commented on the two being too casual in their warm up until both took things more seriously, so probably no lower than 40%.

And do you think Cell (Heating) was on the same level as Cell (Vs Vegeta and Future Trunks)?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Tough to say. It could go either way. I lean more to the viewpoint he was below that tho since I don't believe Vegeta and Trunks are THAT above 50% Goku, and Goku and Cell were too casual in their warm up. Cell actually defined "warming up" as the level he used that was read as < Super Vegeta by #16... when he schooled Super Vegeta, that level was already labeled by him as "warm up over". So maybe him and Goku were fighting as the level just below Super Vegeta, which fits in nicely with Goku not needing to exert himself too hard to be on his casual exchange with Cell, while he did a big scene to reach 50% at Karin.

Semi Cell -- 100
Warming up Perfect Cell -- 125
Super Vegeta -- 135
Perfect Cell (warming up over) -- 250
50% Goku -- 250

Warming up Perfect Cell -- 125
Warming up Goku -- 125

So right around at 25%.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
SIAD said:
And do you think Cell (Heating) was on the same level as Cell (Vs Vegeta and Future Trunks)?
Probably at a greater level. That Cell was still probably far below 50% Goku, yet nobody viewed something as being too amiss with Goku's estimate that he couldn't beat Cell when the fight started.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Cell referred to his initial power (which was below Super Vegeta) as his warm up level, and Goku appeared to be weaker than Super Vegeta without powering up. I think they’re both far below 50% Goku, closer to 15% of Goku’s full power.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
^plus, Goku's eyes sharpened like an unmastered Super Saiyan's when he powered up to 50%. Suppressed/initial MSSJ Galu had base form shaped eyes.