WCI vs Wano

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I've been rereading Part 2 and it's actually amazing how much better WCI is compared to Wano. Both arcs involved a Yonko and their respective crews, yet only Big Mom's crew was ever presented as a real threat. Big Mom actually felt like a true Yonko in that arc. Kaido in Wano is obviously a powerhouse on his own, but his crew below his top 2 commanders was a fucking joke. For an arc centered around two living legends it really failed to meet the hype.

Future Warrior

Elite
WCI is great. It has pacing issues and Big Mom whatever she turned into towards the end was meh but it’s solid all around.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
The only thing that felt like a threat from Big Mom's crew was the sheer number of them vs the Straw Hats and their allies.

So many of her most prominent members don't even fight. Other than Luffy vs Katakuri the best fight was Luffy vs Sanji.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
A large number of them were still involved in the naval battle though. There weren’t enough Straw Hats present to have the family members fighting 1 vs 1.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
WCI is better than Dressrosa too from what I hear, and Dressrosa was also better than Wano from what I hear, in spite of Dressrosa’s flaws.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Dressrosa was the best post time skip arc before the current one.

The biggest issue was it's week to week pacing, taken as an arc in totality it was really great.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I thought Dressrosa was a very strong Story Arc until the Birdcage half. Then it devolved into Fishman Island and Punk Hazard levels of mediocrity.