DBZ Kakarot II wishlist

Future Warrior

Elite
Assume they plan on making a sequel to the game, what changes or improvements would you want?

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
1. Improve the combat
2. Part 1 (definitely won't happen given how it always gets ignored)
3. Less enemies while free roaming. There shouldn't be enemies following you at all times. Gets annoying af.
4. More meaningful side stories. The sheer amount of side stories was impressive, but they often lacked substance.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
1. More variety in mob enemies, such as including Mazoku based on either Piccolo Daimao's major children or those seen in anime filler. Don't be lazy when it comes to the Freeza Soldier designs either.
2. Make using the time machine to replay past events implemented into the main game from Day 1. Despite it being teased for a while, we still have yet to get this Chekhov's Gun in the game's post-story even a month later, which limits what's left to explore and makes many things such as some Soul Emblems misseable.
3. More playable characters. Considering how often Kuririn can be with you as support, him not being playable seems weird when he has enough for an expansive skill tree if utilised well. Goten and Trunks also should have the option to fuse if in your party.
4. I'd like a Part 1 story, though having it and Z in the same game would make power creep seem to go a bit too far and require changes to what's primarily airborne combat. Perhaps offering a "Boyhood" (start of the series to end of Piccolo Daimao) and "Adulthood" (23rd TB and onward) modes as essentially 2 games in 1 would be good, even if relegating Part 1 to a large DLC.

Future Warrior

Elite
How would you guys feel about a turn-based style combat in the vain of Pokemon/FF/DQ

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I really don't think turn based combat would suit a main line DB game, considering it would detract from the fast-paced combat the series is known for.

Future Warrior

Elite
I've been lurking around Kanzenshuu a bit and someone suggested the idea of making an RPG game based around the Saiyans during the Planet Vegeta days. You could start off as an infiltration baby on a random planet and work your way towards destroying it. I think it sounds like an interesting concept that can change up the formula a bit.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It would make an interesting premise, though definitely wouldn't be the type of game that would get made for marketing reasons with how non-Goku products tend to not have much brand recognition. It's a shame though as I'd rather game's take Kakarot's approach of expanding on the world and a premise like this would be a great way to do so without repeating the same DBZ story. I'd also like the idea of playing as a Freeza Force member who either deserts and lives on the run or has to either confront his crimes and the power vacuum after Freeza's death.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd make Kakarot II a remake of DBO; you again play the DBZ story, but now with Towa and Miira as the main bosses of the game as per their promise to return at the end of the previous game. The time machine would again be utilized, although it would add further depth to the game by now allowing you to play the missions as though they weren't meddled with by Towa and Miira; effectively allowing you to replay the last game. After defeating Miira and Towa for good at the end, though, you can now play the missions with Supervillain/corrupted enemies once more, and the post game would now also allow you to explore the Super storyline, starting with the U6 arc (assuming that the FnF arc will be made a DLC in Kakarot 1) and ending with the Moro arc.

Then, I would allow for GT to be allowed in the game as a "path not taken" scenario, where Galu can no longer access his god forms and a 5-year timeskip after an initial fight with Oob occurs and a cutscene demonstrates that Galu was de-aged into a child, and the 7 UDBs were gathered in space and brought back to Earth (since not even a video game can make the UDB arc interesting :troll2 ). Afterwards you can now fight Baby-infected versions of Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Bra and unlock SSJ4 and battle Golden Oozaru Baby. The Super #17 and Evil Dragons arcs would then be available through a second DLC, and other stuff like the movies can be added through DLC as well. Effectively allowing you to play all of DBZ, Super and GT.

Adding Part 1 through DLCs could be an option as well, or alternatively material for a third game which can now allow you to play all of the Dragon Ball storyline from DB/Z to Super and GT.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
[mention]Kenshi[/mention] Wouldn't making Towa/Mira more of a central focus essentially make this closer to a Xenoverse 3 though? Towa and Mira's appearance in the post-game is mainly just meant to be a way of bridging the gap between their stories in Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2, so I doubt a Kakarot 2 would touch on them.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
They were still the true main villains of the previous game though (and made their presence known even during the main story in some parts, not just the post-game), not to mention the majority of people outside of Korea and Japan didn't get to play Dragon Ball Online. Not to mention, just having a game purely based on the Super (and maybe GT) story would be too short when you consider that the only Super arc that's as long as Z arcs is the anime version of the ToP, and that's mainly due to useless filler like recruitment portions and each fight taking at least a few episodes due to Namek pacing [mention]Captain Cadaver[/mention]

Future Warrior

Elite
Kenshi said:
(and made their presence known even during the main story in some parts, not just the post-game)

No they didn't :ladd What you described is literally just Xenoverse 1.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Future Warrior said:
Kenshi said:
(and made their presence known even during the main story in some parts, not just the post-game)

No they didn't :ladd What you described is literally just Xenoverse 1.

Uhh I'm pretty sure they appeared in the game even prior to Namek, they just weren't seen by the main cast and the battle against that infected Nappa or whatever was optional.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Kenshi said:
Uhh I'm pretty sure they appeared in the game even prior to Namek, they just weren't seen by the main cast and the battle against that infected Nappa or whatever was optional.
They did, but that was only if you chose to clear out the villainous enemies in Blake's Bog/Gizard Wasteland, something entirely optional.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
Kenshi said:
They did, but that was only if you chose to clear out the villainous enemies in Blake's Bog/Gizard Wasteland, something entirely optional.

The intermissions between arcs give most people plenty of time to explore those enemies though.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It's still entirely determinant on player choice if they do so though, considering you can easily just do the main parts of the intermissions and move on if you so wanted.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Doesn't Kaio or someone else warn you about the possessed enemies as part of the story though?

Future Warrior

Elite
Mira and Towa are just secret bosses... that's why the credits pop up after beating Pure Boo. I guess #21 will also play a large role since she appeared too.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Future Warrior said:
Mira and Towa are just secret bosses... that's why the credits pop up after beating Pure Boo. I guess #21 will also play a large role since she appeared too.

She's just a cameo appearance. #21 isn't even 10 years old by the time of Super, so she shouldn't logically even exist during most of the game's events.