Dragon Ball/DBZ Movie Reviews

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I like Namekians being sensitive to whistling. Such a random, fun piece of lore.
Also surprisingly consistent with the later reveal of Piccolo having far better hearing than Earthlings or Saiyans during the Cell Arc. Perhaps Toriyama was inspired by this movie for that plot point. Wouldn't be the only time the films have made an impact on his direction for the manga, such as the reason Potara was invented.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Dragon Ball Z Movie 5 - Cooler’s Revenge

What can I say about this movie that hasn’t been said already? Cooler and co. are great additions to the lore. Piccolo gets some more spotlight killing all the goons. Cooler and Goku’s fight looks great. Power scaling is a bit wonky though. Does Goku need SSJ to beat Freeza or not?

7/10
This movie was terrible and seemed like they rushed to make it.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Good movies: Movie 3, Movie 4, Movie 7, Movie 8, Movie 9, Movie 12.

Not good movies: Movie 2, Movie 5, Movie 6, Movie 13.

Terrible movies: Movie 1, Movie 10, Movie 11.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Good movies: Movie 3, Movie 4, Movie 7, Movie 8, Movie 9, Movie 12.

Not good movies: Movie 2, Movie 5, Movie 6, Movie 13.

Terrible movies: Movie 1, Movie 10, Movie 11.
You just don't like M10 because Broly is SSJ5 tier.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Can someone tell me what does that mean?

20210727_212250.png

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It doesn't mean anything. Vegeta's power up scene was basically filler, plus other Saiyans like Nappa have had yellow and lightning auras before.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
PBS-26.png

Tfw the dubfags monopolizing the joke that is DB Wiki seriously put this on his "Forms" section along with regular Super Saiyan instead of putting that faggotry in "Video Games only" :punk :punk

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Those forms are more valid than the clusterfuck of new forms in Super. Don't hate on the Super Saiyan beard.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Those forms are more valid than the clusterfuck of new forms in Super. Don't hate on the Super Saiyan beard.

"Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (Controlled Berserk)" is definitely terminal aids even compared to fantasy forms. At least almost everyone was speculating Vegeta achieved SSJ3 or had an answer to Galu's SSJ3 by the EoZ events.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
SSJ3 Rose Blue MUI Black >>>
Funny thing is I can see this happening now that Black already has SSJ2 Rose and SSJ3 Rose, plus the Tracetaro manga already confirmed Galu can use UI in lower forms if he wants to :punk :punk

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Still has nothing on SSj 2 Future Metal Zarbon.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Still has nothing on SSj 2 Future Metal Zarbon.
Zarbon went to a Hell that was reminiscent of a state prison where he'd be bumfucked for being so pretty in base form. Bribed the COs to give him metallic enhancements and :donovan the :donovan rapists. :donovan2

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Dragon Ball Z Movie 6 - Return of Cooler

Why is Yajirobe here? I’m already used to Oolong and Roshi going everywhere because they’re inseparable best buds with the rest of the gang, but Yajirobe? Every time he shows up it’s to say he’s not getting involved. Why not Tenshinhan or Yamcha?

This one is another pretty standard Z movie. Gang goes to Namek and fights, that’s pretty much it. And it’s a pretty confusing timeline because Dende is Kami for some reason? Piccolo had just merged with Kami when this movie released. Is Piccolo supposed to be Kamiccolo here? If so why not give him some spotlight?

And the fights are pretty disappointing. The japanese title promises ten billion warriors, we see like a hundred at most. And the ending is kinda confusing. How are Goku and Vegeta overcharging Cooler if he made a point to close the hatchets or whatever he said? How did they even kill him being this worn out? Was that a Genki-Dama?

Well, at least I like the concept of Big Gete Star. Big computer that grows and eats and assimilates everything. Also, Vegeta is finally in a movie!

4.5/10

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Dragon Ball Z Movie 7 - Super Android 13

I like this one. Little to no plot, but the fights are amazing and the animation is top tier. Like, Movie 5 level. And holy shit Gero’s. Toei could’ve easily recycled the anime footage, but they actually bothered to redo the whole thing and it looks great.

I don’t really mind the Saiyans taking over half the movie to transform since that’s Toei’s trademark, and it makes sense for Goku and Vegeta to not go all out from the beginning as a warm up. I see no reason for Trunks to fight in base though, or for the Androids to hold back.

Talking about the Androids, they’re fairly one note. I find it fairly confusing for the lower number ones to come out after 16-20. Why were they even considered failures? Did the computer repair them before the fight?

As for the computer, I don’t find it’s existence that contrived. It’s clearly a different version of the one that created Cell, not yet another secret basement.
The ending is great. At first it looks like yet another boring use of the Genki-Dama, but then Goku absorbs it and the entire thing takes a turn. The whole sequence is very well animated, and 13’s hands disintegrating as he punches Goku is great. It also makes sense that a unmastered Super Saiyan doesn’t have the calm heart to use the Genki-Dama.

5/10 for this one. Y’all just boring.