Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Future Warrior

Elite
This movie doesn’t follow anime or manga. Goku and Vegeta limit is SSB. Jiren is still a wall that needs to be surpassed.

You could make the argument for Gohan > Broly though, since Cell Max is probably close to that.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Gohan Beast > SSJB Gogeta from the Broly movie. Gohan didn't even flinch when punched by Cell Max whose raw power should be above :pakl since the only incomplete aspect of him is his mindlessness. Gogeta did not show such absolute dominance over Broly and they clashed evenly at one point only for the already damaged Broly to be knocked back by the resulting explosion.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
In the movie verse, Beerus is still weaker than Broly and Jiren lol.
The movie verse pretty much treats the Granolah and Moro arcs as filler it seems. Makes sense since the movie was in production since before Broly came out in theaters.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I lowkey wished the number 5 would make it into Gohan's new form's name, considering Gear 5 has white hair just like this form and MUI lol. SSJ5 vibes

Future Warrior

Elite
Since this movie was in the works since 2017, I somewhat think that the statements involving Gohan in the ToP (manga and anime) wanting to evolve on his own path were done because they already knew he would get a new form in this movie.

Basically, the only piece of foreshadowing in DBS that came true lol.

Future Warrior

Elite
The movie verse pretty much treats the Granolah and Moro arcs as filler it seems. Makes sense since the movie was in production since before Broly came out in theaters.
It also might be because the Beerus wank is only a Toyotaro thing.

Future Warrior

Elite
Gohan Beast > SSJB Gogeta from the Broly movie. Gohan didn't even flinch when punched by Cell Max whose raw power should be above :pakl since the only incomplete aspect of him is his mindlessness.
I haven't watched the whole movie, but the complete form should look like Perfect Cell, no? Or does he look like the 2nd form Cell just because Toriyama likes that form?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I haven't watched the whole movie, but the complete form should look like Perfect Cell, no? Or does he look like the 2nd form Cell just because Toriyama likes that form?
They said the only thing incomplete about Cell Max was the control program for his head, which is why his weakness is situated there as a last-ditch failsafe. Cell Max looks like 2nd form Cell because AT liked that form the best and only made him Kanzentai in a few chapters because his editor told him to hurry up and make him perfect since he looked stupid.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
I got this for you guys.
Cell Max was already complete physically. He just needed to ready his personality/AI. So...
Cell MAX is still stronger than Broly in the movie.
Also keep in mind Broly is MUCH stronger than he was in his own movie too.
AND this is after the Granola Saga, so we'd all be much stronger by then, but I can acknowledge Broly is STILL above me and Vegeta in terms of power alone.
With all this info, I'll give you these 2 things next:
Orange Piccolo is ALMOST as strong as me and Vegeta.
Beast Gohan is WAY stronger than us.

...But, who knows how long that will last.
So... until further notice, Gohan is #1!

The newly revealed name "Beast" is very interesting... I know its based on the original design for Super Saiyan, but its also the color scheme in both hair and eyes for Super Saiyan 5. Toriyama also mentioned Gohan could still get another form yet....
With these 3 factors, AND with the first AF fan manga creator in charge of the official stuff too these days.... maybe, we could see the fill Super Saiyan 5 design used someday! (Under a different name of course)

I can't wait to see the future! Hope Broly can learn Blue as planned. Very happy Piccolo is strong enough to join us in the most serious fights again! And happy for Gohan reaching the top again! I know it'll be short lived, but I hope he at least tries to master this form before getting side tracked too much with work again.
Yes!! You are back. B-but wait.. How do you know all if that of you were not in this fight?

Last edited:

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Okay, time to some obvious logic here. I guess Toriyama decided to make this movie after DBS Broli as he wants us to go back to DBZ. Remember, This new movie is basically Cell and Cell Games Gohan style and this is a movie after DBS Broli. Movie 9 was also after Movie 8 in DBZ where Movie 8 is all about Broli and Movie 9 is all about Cell Games and Gohan. We also now know that Cell Max > DBS Broli so in short:

Cell Max > DBS Broli just like Bojack/Perfect Cell > Movie 8 Broli.

Umad Brolitards?

P.S: I don't like Cell Max being stronger than Broli. That makes no sense in terms of the feats shown by him. These movies become a crap when it comes to scaling and continuity.

Warmmedown

Elite
Just saw the Gohan trailer, it actually looks good now, visually. I'll wait and see if it's shown in the cinema in August. Although I haven't watched the dub in so long.

SIAD

Elite
Chronologically speaking, DBS Hero is right after Broly? Is it after the Arc Moro? Is it after the Arc Granolah? DBS Hero is canon?

In a few hours I will see the movie in the cinema.