Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
This is kind-of not on-topic, but still DragonBall. He translates everything to english too. Interesting that he says sheeet to one of them too. I thought those were only supposed to be edgy subs. Guess not.

SIAD

Elite
I'm not really against this but what evidence is there that suggests this?
I say this mainly considering that Goku and Vegeta very massively increased their powers in the ToP Anime. Also considering the Arc Moro, where Vegeta SSJBE (Post Yadart) very easily surpassed powers like Broly SSJFP, UI Goku (ToP) and Jiren.

And in the Arc Granolah, Goku and Vegeta have increased their powers too much again.

That's why I say that Goku and Vegeta, even in Base state, should be far superior to Gohan and Piccolo.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Reading a summary from fanverse.org and I gotta say at least the humour is pretty good. Better than Toyotaro’s.

Jerk Store

High Class Warrior
Suspended
I thought the movie was pretty decent for what it was. Definitely more emotionally driven plot than Broly.

Max Cell is forgettable as a main villain and only serves as a caveat for Gamma's sacrifice and Gohan's transformation. I'm glad it wasn't the same Cell at least, just a generic recreation.

I dig Orange Piccolo but talk about an asspull.

Last edited:

Future Warrior

Elite
Do they even care that not only are they getting ever color in the rainbow, but even reusing colors? Like, Gohan literally looks like MUI.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
There's not even any legit explanation behind Gohan Blanco or Orange Man Pickles. Piccolo was just handed a second form on a silvet platter by shenlong for the lulz and Gohan's transformation just comes out of nowhere due to a rage boost despite him not training for a while prior to the movie.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think Broly followed the manga continuity moreso than the anime given that there was no Kaio-ken, character designers used a style closer to AT's current style rather than Yamamuro's older DBZ style, and SSJB/PSSJB Gogeta's scaling was closer to what the manga scaling would infer, but this movie seems closer to the anime with Gohan's Ultimate state causing a definite change in appearance as well as being temporary and Moro and Granolah/Gas being basically ignored.

Alternatively you can just say both movies follow the "Toriyama draft" that the other two mediums are based on, since Toyotaro has no real say in this movie and the most changes Toei can make are directorial decisions rather than tampering with the script.

Warrior_of_Mite

What continuity does this follow?
The movie one. So it acts like it takes place after Broly and ignores everything that has/is happening in the manga.
So from what I’ve heard, Gohan and Piccolo are stronger than Goku and Vegeta, yeah?
Kind of. Since this takes place after the Broly movie and the maximum power we see Goku/Vegeta use is SSB. This means that Gohan and Piccolo are stronger than Broly movie SSB Goku and Vegeta. So this scales the Gammas to SSB Goku/Vegeta and Gohan/Piccolo above that.

Future Warrior

Elite
The movie one. So it acts like it takes place after Broly and ignores everything that has/is happening in the manga.

Kind of. Since this takes place after the Broly movie and the maximum power we see Goku/Vegeta use is SSB. This means that Gohan and Piccolo are stronger than Broly movie SSB Goku and Vegeta. So this scales the Gammas to SSB Goku/Vegeta and Gohan/Piccolo above that.
Let’s say we place Final Gohan in the manga right now. Who could he beat?