Early Dragonball List

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
Super KHH = 1.5x/1.66x already feels small, but for Vegeta it feels big

So the later story must supersede the previous story. Much how we thought Piccolo was quite strong at the Cell Games, turns out he was piss weak.

We thought ki amp was something special, but it turns out it was not.

Super Kamehameha = 1.33x which means everything else is inferior.

Vegeta having lesser amp than Goku and co. on Namek is the way to go.

I think it’s more important for the Galick Gun to be equal to the Kamehameha and Vegeta and Goku portrayed as true rivals than anything else.

There’s nothing wrong with your argument but I need to hear it a bit more.

So if you swap Goku out with Vegeta, Goku’s Kamehameha is going to do more damage than the Final Crash?

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
You found my old list, thanks man.

I’ll have to think about Kamehameha > Galick Gun, perhaps it is the best option but I don’t know.

That means Freeza’s top amp blows out Vegeta as well. I’m ok with Piccolos amp not being as good as that’s been proven time and time again, but with Vegeta I’m hesitant.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Early story Ki amplification is so simple. It's Z that starts overusing them and complicates everything.

The Kamehameha and the Garlic Gun parallel each other in terms of the pose/style of the technique. That's the big comparison being made.

Or maybe amplification isn't like that all. Characters have to train their techniques too or their amp will shrink/fall behind. Kyo and that dough analogy can fuck off.

Anyway, I think the transition from DB to Z is perfect. They're 300~400ish at the 23TB and 5 years alter they're ~600. And farmer at 0.005 is neat It's like you start at 5, climb up to 300k and then cut the extra zeroes.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
Anyway, I think the transition from DB to Z is perfect. They're 300~400ish at the 23TB and 5 years alter they're ~600. And farmer at 0.005 is neat It's like you start at 5, climb up to 300k and then cut the extra zeroes.
Yeah, I have to work backwards. But remember, I'm going to include that Great Ape Fist thing, that's a real game changer.

If Super Kamehameha is 1.5x at the 23rd Budokai, I think BBA and LG gotta be 2x then.

Which might work.

Because expected Final Flash should be somewhat rivaling Cell, don't you think?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
It's gonna be insane with the 10x boost.

Kid Goku: 7.5
~ Oozaru Fist: 75

Mr. Popo: 75
Kami-Sama: 150

Goku/Piccolo: 750

It's so large it's not even funny. It also ruins how the neat decimals fit like.

BBA at 2x isn't gonna work. What would that do to 18?

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
I am almost certain the Oozaru Fist is just a cool stylistic choice then a real Amp, especially a 10 times Amp. It's never even commented on.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
It's so large it's not even funny. It also ruins how the neat decimals fit like.
Yeah, I mean unless you have any other way around it. I think it's legit though, don't you?

BBA at 2x isn't gonna work. What would that do to 18?
Yeah, you are probably right.

I am almost certain the Oozaru Fist is just a cool stylistic choice then a real Amp, especially a 10 times Amp. It's never even commented on.
It's an amp no doubt, both King Piccolo and Mr. Popo make note of it. Broly is also capable of tapping into his Oozaru power while in his normal form. It seems that Goku was able to as well.

Animelover5487

High Class Warrior
It's an amp no doubt, both King Piccolo and Mr. Popo make note of it. Broly is also capable of tapping into his Oozaru power while in his normal form. It seems that Goku was able to as well.
That idea wasn't thought up until decades later, no way did AT who is known to be forgetful had that in mind when he wrote that, Goku being a Saiyan wasn't even a thing in part one.

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
That idea wasn't thought up until decades later, no way did AT who is known to be forgetful had that in mind when he wrote that, Goku being a Saiyan wasn't even a thing in part one.

It's possible the Broly idea stems from the idea of the Great Ape Fist in the first place. Either way, the evidence ties those two ideas together. AT portrayed Goku tapping into his Oozaru power to amp his power up, it is what it is.

Great Ape Fist should logically be able to tap into the full 10x boost of his power.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
It’s definitely a boost, but I can understand some people disregarding it. 10x boost for an attack that was only used once when 1.5x would’ve been fine?

FeatsofPower

High Class Warrior
It’s definitely a boost, but I can understand some people disregarding it. 10x boost for an attack that was only used once when 1.5x would’ve been fine?
Of course. Especially during a time where we are generally trying to squeeze power levels to make them fit.

What do you think? Is he tapping into the full power of a Great Ape?

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Of course. Especially during a time where we are generally trying to squeeze power levels to make them fit.

What do you think? Is he tapping into the full power of a Great Ape?

Yeah I think that’s the implication. Toriyama isn’t specifically thinking about a 10x power up since he didn’t invent the multiplier yet, but Goku using Oozaru is a thing for sure.

But then he never uses it again. Just once against Popo, who back away and implies it’s actually strong.

Power Level Guy

Mid Class Warrior
Yeah I think that’s the implication. Toriyama isn’t specifically thinking about a 10x power up since he didn’t invent the multiplier yet, but Goku using Oozaru is a thing for sure.
Yeah, if we are to accept the Oozaru montage during the Super Sacred Water scene to mean Goku has improved ten-fold there, why not here?

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Remember that in Z whenever a ki attack boosted someone's power it was always said that the person's battle power increased, as if the ki blast itself was not considered as a separate thing.

GreatSaiyaman123

Super Elite
Remember that in Z whenever a ki attack boosted someone's power it was always said that the person's battle power increased, as if the ki blast itself was not considered as a separate thing.

I think that hardly happens. Outside of the Raditz fight I don’t remember anyone saying “His Ki is swelling!”, even with strong attacks like the Final Flash. Maybe it’s because it’s normal to them?