Hi! Pretend I'm interesting!

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Top 5 or 10 video games? (doesn't have to be in order)

Any upcoming games that you're looking forward to?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Top 5 or 10 video games? (doesn't have to be in order)

Any upcoming games that you're looking forward to?
No order of course:

1) Final Fantasy VII
2) LoZ: Ocarina of Time
3) Knights of the Old Republic
4) Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
5) Assassin's Creed III
6) Friday the 13th (NES)
7) Madden 19
8) GTA: Vice City
9) COD: Black Ops

I'll leave it at 9. :troll Not necessarily a "best of" list, but a list of the games I've sunk the most time in to over the years.

Obviously I'm big into Final Fantasy so I'm looking forward to the next chapter in the VII Remake and then FF16 which is just now getting hyped.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Speaking of Vikings, Curtis and I think you should read Vinland Saga. It's set during the period of Danish occupation of England circa 1014. It's a good mangu

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Speaking of Vikings, Curtis and I think you should read Vinland Saga. It's set during the period of Danish occupation of England circa 1014. It's a good mangu
Sounds like something I would enjoy. Did you blokes discuss it or something?

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Sounds like something I would enjoy. Did you blokes discuss it or something?
We discussed the manga on discord and agree it's good. The prologue is fairly long but very enjoyable the climax was easily the most fun with manga I ever had.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I did very much, although I had some minor gripes with it and I didn't play it much after beating it, not like I did with MM, OoT and others before it.
Thankfully they fixed some annoyances like slow sailing with the Wii U remaster.

If you still have your Wii or you find a Wii U in a bargain bin I'd recommend giving Twilight Princess a go. Apparently it takes heavy inspiration from Lord of the Rings as that was popular during its development.

Do you have any games that interest you now? Upcoming or just games you haven't played

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Thankfully they fixed some annoyances like slow sailing with the Wii U remaster.

If you still have your Wii or you find a Wii U in a bargain bin I'd recommend giving Twilight Princess a go. Apparently it takes heavy inspiration from Lord of the Rings as that was popular during its development.

Do you have any games that interest you now? Upcoming or just games you haven't played
Nothing in the immediate future. Final Fantasy 16 will probably be the next big dive I'll take, but that will be a little while before release and I'll have to invest in a PS5 when the time comes. But I'll probably do that once release day approaches.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Nothing in the immediate future. Final Fantasy 16 will probably be the next big dive I'll take, but that will be a little while before release and I'll have to invest in a PS5 when the time comes. But I'll probably do that once release day approaches.
You're in luck. PS5 has this game coming out that lets you play as a cat in a dystopian future :king

How often do you read? Do you still write?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
You're in luck. PS5 has this game coming out that lets you play as a cat in a dystopian future :king

How often do you read? Do you still write?
I saw a preview for this a while ago and thought it looked pretty gud. Have to admit they got me interested.

I don't read and write as much in the last few months. Things got so crazy and tight recently with everything going on that I really just had to concentrate on basic life stuff. I'm still in that mode now, but I hope to get back to reading and writing soon, but right now my focus is bulking up my finances before I concentrate on my hobbies again.

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
What Manga have you read while I was gone? I know you were interested in getting into the hobby.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
@Gothic Chan so how did EMT school go?
It went well. The hardest part for me was just working the classes into my schedule and finding time to study, most of which I did while working at the gym, since its basically a desk job. As for the material itself, I got into it pretty easily. I finished with a 78% overall and you need a 70% to pass, so I did alright considering I did minimal studying.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Nice man. So what is the next step from here?

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Nice man. So what is the next step from here?
Normally I'd be finished and be certified. But there's a national test that is usually optional, which allows you to work in any state rather than just the one you train in. But Kentucky is so poor that the federal government subsidizes our emergency services, and as a result the national test is mandatory here. :king

So I have up to a year to take it. I'll take a couple months and get my finances back in order, since this whole deal was expensive and I shortened my total work hours. I'll take it sometime in the near future.

In the meantime, I have certificates in CPR, disease prevention, sexual assault education and some others that I can hang onto. I'd preferably like to look for a job at a nursing home or care facility around summer, once my kid is out of school and I don't need to pick her up daily. The EMT hours are still a bit to demanding for me to dedicate so much of my time too when she still depends on me for her daily routine.

Sovran Nila

High Class Warrior
Sovereign Master of Spamifestation
What're your hobbies and passions, aside from anime and manga?

Knowing what you know right now with the wisdom that you have, if your age is truly 37, what do you wish you would have started sooner?