In real life, how much time would Roshi spend in jail if he were convicted for all the inappropriate things he's done?

Warmmedown

Elite
Suspended sentence probably.

Ah actually the Bulma stuff might get him 1-2 years.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Depends on the country. In US he'd be guilty of mistouching, sexual harassment and sexual harassment on minors, being a possible pedophile. Idk how old Lunch was, but she was a minor too iirc. Even though Roshi tried, I don't think he ended up doing anything to her. But due to old age he might not get convicted.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
The stuff he was doing in DBS was pretty rapey, if it'd been a seinen manga he'd have jumped Yurin for sure. 7 to 25 years in that case lol

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
I agree with Fatter Dinosaur, a suspended sentence. Oolong would most likely face longer jail time for kidnapping those girls.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
None because the women forgave him. He's just too intense for them.

Dagon

Mid Class Warrior
Obligatory "not a lawyer." Just my guess.

If Roshi can hide the fact that he's immortal then he could get a lighter sentence. If the court knows he's immortal then he should likely get no leniency.

Considering Toriyama must have been thinking of Japan's laws at the time, Roshi being interested in 16-year olds would not be entirely illegal under those laws. A faux-pas, but not barred by law.

Asking to see the undies of a 16-year old, I don't know. Bulma didn't know she was going commando so the fact Roshi saw more than he thought he would probably wouldn't be counted against him.

In other cases, has has committed non-consensual touching, so and in total probably several years.

If you apply modern laws he'd probably go away for decades.

Hector

High Class Warrior
I agree with Fatter Dinosaur, a suspended sentence. Oolong would most likely face longer jail time for kidnapping those girls.
Didn't it turn out those girls wanted to be there?

Also, how much would he get for attempting to rape Bulma?

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Didn't it turn out those girls wanted to be there?

Also, how much would he get for attempting to rape Bulma?
I mean there's no way to prove it since he stopped at roofieng her

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Wait, what? When did he do that?
0009-009.png

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Yeah, Oolong was definitely worse than Roshi.

DBZAOTA482

High Class Warrior
Oolong mellowed out and denounced his fiendish ways. Roshi gotten worse in modern Dragon Ball going from just being an old creep to a borderline rapist.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
When Oolong turned into Bulma for Roshi to feel her up Oolong stated Roshi was more perverted than him.

Based on what Oolong said, I wonder if he'd attempt to rape Bulma. He said "even take a peek under her towel" so maybe he was intending on seeing her intimate parts but not rape. Though yeah, very fucked up still.... And since he said do whatever he wants with her, that's messed up a lot. Roshi would also want to sleep with Launch and would take a peek at her when she was sleeping with Goku until he realized it was blonde Lunch.