Is DragonBall XenoVerse the best DragonBall Console Game?

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
Nah. BT3 is better in my opinion. The only cool thing about Xenoverse is the character creator which becomes less cool when you use it after a while.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I liked the levelling-up system, and the story-mode, too.

Makes it more inter-active, too.

Six Trails

Elite
Legend
Admin
True, I like the leveling-up system, but I prefer Buu's Fury for that type of stuff, the stats are simpler and you can hold items to get more exp per level.

I don't care much for story mode in DBZ games, I already know the story, and I'd prefer not to have to play through like a hundred battles just to clear one saga and unlock characters.

Epicnessbeyond

Mid Class Warrior
Yeah. I loved the character creation and gameplay. I liked the PQ's and Story as well. Its only problem is the RNG

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
@Mike: This game tried to be different with the story-mode, though so that was kewl. I really liked the way we could make our own character, and have him play into the story.

Also on the levelling, I think I get what you mean. It could maybe be better if they just increased all the stats on all levels, instead of us having to choose whether placing points in Melee or Ki, but I guess that plays more into the role-playing aspect of the game. Even-though some people could say that it'd over-power characters if they increase on all fields.

@Epicnessbeyond: I didn't have that much of a problem with the RGN, but maybe it's because I didn't have that much of trouble with it, and only really tried for the skills that I wanted or needed. No frustration, I think.

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Nope.
Budokai 3, Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 2, and Burst Limit are all better.
I still like Xenoverse though.
The most annoying thing on Xenoverse is basic small ki blast though...
Get hit by 1 of them and a whole bunch can keep coming.
(Dad's mission is hell the first time...)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Son Goku said:
Nope.
Budokai 3, Tenkaichi 3, Raging Blast 2, and Burst Limit are all better.
I still like Xenoverse though.
The most annoying thing on Xenoverse is basic small ki blast though...
Get hit by 1 of them and a whole bunch can keep coming.
(Dad's mission is hell the first time...)
tell me abt it

i remember rly getting fucking angry at those ki-blasts

they are so fucking irrelevant, but sometimes they kept me stun-locked long enough that i wanted to break the game

they weren't game-enders, but especially if u are stuck at a mission & have to keep re-doing & seeing that makes u even more angry, l0l

bcoz it's going to make the mission longer (& also could affect ur score bcoz of time)

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Yep.
But Xenoverse easily has the best modding capability, so that's why I'm playing it the most right now.
Can't wait for this update with these graphics here:
rvFLuJB.png

WStEw5J.png

07yF4R9.png

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
I don't know about modding, and stuff sadly, but that sounds good.

My XenoVerse Disc hasn't worked for some time now. :( :( :(

I tried today, and right before going through the title screen, I signed-out of X-Box Live and then started the game like that. It worked, but then when I tried to start a mission it was stuck on loading again, l0l. :(

false hope

Son Gokū

High Class Warrior
Modding for the game is best done on the Steam version. (PC)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Yeah something technical. I'm not good when it comes to that kind-of stuff, so yeah.

but kewl if u like it. ;)

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The first Raging-Blast definitely, I think up-to that point at-least, had the closest graphics to the anime.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I really liked Aragon Blast 1.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
I prefer 1 to 2 although I only played the beta of 2. I didn’t like that ability that you’d get for seemingly no reason that made you more powerful. It gave you that aura.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Super Saiyan said:
I prefer 1 to 2 although I only played the beta of 2. I didn’t like that ability that you’d get for seemingly no reason that made you more powerful. It gave you that aura.
Yeah, I forgot what that actually was but I do know what you are referring to. I did like the way they did the Kaio-Ken in the game though IIRC and I liked the equipment system a little-bit because you could own someone in a few seconds with that. I did that all the time. The way the fights would be closest to the way they'd be in the actual series.