Is DragonBall XenoVerse the best DragonBall Console Game?

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
2 might have been better, even-though it was basically just like a bunch of DLC added to the first one.

I also liked the saving fights in Raging-Blast 2.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
2 might have been better, even-though it was basically just like a bunch of DLC added to the first one.

I also liked the saving fights in Raging-Blast 2.

Xenoverse 2 was light years better than Xenoverse 1, they refined and added to the combat. Fixed dumb shit like how SSJ worked, made the transformations in general better. Only problem was the fact that the story was somehow worse.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
SSJ in the first XV was a game-changer so how was that stupid? l0l

I also from what I remember think that the difficulty in the game was way easier than the first where you had some genuinely frustrating fights (cheap fights but hard fights that are still doable).

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:

I also from what I remember think that the difficulty in the game was way easier than the first where you had some genuinely frustrating fights (cheap fights but hard fights that are still doable).

The main purpose of SSJ was to spam ultimates. It drained Ki too fast, it only gave a 2% stat boost to basic attack, it wasn't realistic to use it in a fight. SSJ2 is even worse than SSJ, being completely unusable. The only benefit it gave was spamming ultimates. SSJ in Xenoverse 2 is actually viable, it doesn't drain Ki fast, instead making Ki slower to regain (you can regain Ki in Xenoverse from attacking people.) as well as having SSJ2, and SSJ3. It's also in a seperate transformation slot meaning you don't have to waste an ultimate.

Oh don't worry, DBXenoverse 2 has some really cheap fights hidden away in the DLC parallel quests.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:

The main purpose of SSJ was to spam ultimates. It drained Ki too fast, it only gave a 2% stat boost to basic attack, it wasn't realistic to use it in a fight. SSJ2 is even worse than SSJ, being completely unusable. The only benefit it gave was spamming ultimates. SSJ in Xenoverse 2 is actually viable, it doesn't drain Ki fast, instead making Ki slower to regain (you can regain Ki in Xenoverse from attacking people.) as well as having SSJ2, and SSJ3. It's also in a seperate transformation slot meaning you don't have to waste an ultimate.

Oh don't worry, DBXenoverse 2 has some really cheap fights hidden away in the DLC parallel quests.
If you spam your ultimates fast enough it can easily turn the tide. In XV2 not so much.

Like which PQs? I don't remember anything in particular being hard.

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:

If you spam your ultimates fast enough it can easily turn the tide. In XV2 not so much.

Not particularly, if a person is cautious and aware of Super Saiyan, it's an easy thing to dodge the ultimate.

They beefed up the Parralel quests, gave the enemies super armour, more health, and everyone spams Ki blasts if I recall.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:

Not particularly, if a person is cautious and aware of Super Saiyan, it's an easy thing to dodge the ultimate.

They beefed up the Parralel quests, gave the enemies super armour, more health, and everyone spams Ki blasts if I recall.
Some ultimates are almost undodgeable though from what I heard (I don't remember that myself though).

What PQs in particular? I'd like a challenge. :donovan :donovan :donovan

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:

Some ultimates are almost undodgeable though from what I heard (I don't remember that myself though).

Yeah, Symphonic Destruction, but you'd be better off to put 100 points in Ki blasts and just equip GT Trunks's Z Soul. :donovan

Idk, I never got the DLC. :shc

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:

Yeah, Symphonic Destruction, but you'd be better off to put 100 points in Ki blasts and just equip GT Trunks's Z Soul. :donovan

You can put 100 points in Ki Blasts and use Super-Saiyan & the Z-Soul. :giraffe :giraffe :giraffe

You don't have the DLC, but you know?

Pocket-Gog~

Super Elite
Fantastische Hure said:
Pocket-Gog~ said:
Fantastische Hure said:

You can put 100 points in Ki Blasts and use Super-Saiyan & the Z-Soul. :giraffe :giraffe :giraffe

You don't have the DLC, but you know?

But then your Ki runs out quickly, and you lose Super Saiyan and all your Ki. :shc :shc :shc :shc

Don't question my logic. :manabu

But, I heard this information from my cousin who has the DLC.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
You can run-away at a slow speed and just wait until that builds back up. I did that like a million times. The map area is vast enough to do that.

Your cousin knows how I like my difficulty? :donovan :donovan :donovan

Pocket-God

Elite
I much prefer the Tenkaichi games. Oh and the Raging Blast games were pretty good too.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Same as Povet-Gid said. The Xenoverse series had a lot of good things going for it such as advanced character customisation, a unique story mode and a pretty good roster of characters and super attacks, not to mention the best graphics/cel-shading we saw in a DB game prior to FighterZ (though Burst Limit and Raging Blast 2 were honourable mentions). However, its large amount of flaws prevent it from even reaching top 5 quality amongst DB games.

For one, its unique story mode isn't anything too thrilling. You're not going to find a well written narrative when time travel is the driving force and being sent to just specific points in the series makes it feel more like a "Greatest Hits" roundup of DBZ and Super. The gameplay is also surprisingly slow and clunky when it comes to melee combat and doesn't do as good a job at capturing the fast paced action and constantly changing movements of the series as BT3, Raging Blast 2 or FighterZ. The Parallel quests also start to get far too similar the more you play and a lot of them boiling down to "This isn't even my final form" make them highly repetitive.

At the very least, one shining achievement it does have is Xenoverse 2 being the biggest improvement of a sequel game in the franchise from the predecessor as it surpasses Xenoverse 1 in every way.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Captain Cadaver said:
At the very least, one shining achievement it does have is Xenoverse 2 being the biggest improvement of a sequel game in the franchise from the predecessor as it surpasses Xenoverse 1 in every way.

Wouldn't that honor go to LoG2? I mean, LoG2 is a decent game but the first one is nigh unplayable to near-Taiketsu/UB22 levels.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I was thinking about that when making my post. However, I'd say the expansions XV2 had on its predecessor were overall far greater. LoG2 is easily the runner up in that department due to more characters and being more accurate to the series overall, though a few of its problems from the original were still there such as filler Zelda-esque quests in between important fights of the series, particularly the dinosaur egg quest.

Fantastische Hure

Zeta Elite
The hidden levels in PQs were kewl.

I thought that the flying was good and ki-blasts to an extent, but when you punch them ye it does kind-of feel weird.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I just downloaded this game last night. There's a version on the PSN called Xenoverse 2 lite, which is free to download and play, and it includes the first five chapters of story mode. I was browsing for games last night with Little Gothic looking for something she could play over the summer when we found this. I've been interested in the game for a while but just wasn't ready for the investment.

So this is perfect to give us a taste. We'll be giving it a go later on today. Little Gothic seemed most interested in doing a Buu character, but we'll see what we end up going with.