Keedounan's Q&A

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Did you get current on Berserk before or after Miura's death?

Keedounan

Elite
Did Potato Casca frustrate you with her stupidity?
Kinda. But more than anything, I'm kinda disappointed. Even (or especially) considering the extreme traumatism she went through, it's a real shame that Miura took such an excellent and grounded character and pretty much reduced her into a living potato mostly serving to motivate Gut's revenge and (subsequently) protection quest.

I guess Guts and Griffith are Berserk, but I find it to be a shame nonetheless.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Why do you think none of her flashbacks depict her rape at Femto's hands directly (dream Femto only appears in the dream world where Farnese and Schierke healed her), mostly centering around the Apostles stripping and molesting her instead?

Yoshi

Elite
Ultimate
Do you think it's because Casca took whatever opportunity she could find to escape from the trauma, and that she likely attempted to find sexual pleasure over being raped by Griffith?

Keedounan

Elite
Why do you think none of her flashbacks depict her rape at Femto's hands directly (dream Femto only appears in the dream world where Farnese and Schierke healed her), mostly centering around the Apostles stripping and molesting her instead?
My guess right now is that Casca in her childlike state hasn't fully processed that Griffith, the person who saved her from being raped, and the one she's been looking up to for a long time, could violate her in such a brutal way.

Do you think it's because Casca took whatever opportunity she could find to escape from the trauma, and that she likely attempted to find sexual pleasure over being raped by Griffith?
I don't think so.

I thought you might never come-back (exaggeration) since CC left, but you did. :') :') :')

Nice to see you too, man.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
What do you think of people who take Daizenshuu statements at face value moreso than manga statements that directly contradict them?

Keedounan

Elite
What do you think of people who take Daizenshuu statements at face value moreso than manga statements that directly contradict them?
I'm not one to make this kind of judgement on people, but I do find this practice to be absurd. If you're not caught on the manga, the Daizenshuu is overall a great guide that provides pretty accurate informations on manga and anime when it comes to objective facts. But when it's for this exact reason that it's not one to be just followed religiously. Chances are that this will contain informations that may apply for anime, but not the manga, or just self-contradicting statements.

This is one of the many reasons why the usual argument of authority falls flat.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
What about people who'll try to adjust their Super Vegetto/Gohan-Boo gaps to fit their GT numbers but won't accept Zenkais in Part 1 or some shit arguing "retroactive continuity"? I've seen this kind of practice with people saying Goku never got Zenkais in Part 1 at all despite literally suffering a life threatening injury a few chapters before the Saiyan arc started, and never denying Vegeta being the Saiyan prince or Kami being the good half of Daimao and the creator of the DBs.

Keedounan

Elite
What about people who'll try to adjust their Super Vegetto/Gohan-Boo gaps to fit their GT numbers but won't accept Zenkais in Part 1 or some shit arguing "retroactive continuity"? I've seen this kind of practice with people saying Goku never got Zenkais in Part 1 at all despite literally suffering a life threatening injury a few chapters before the Saiyan arc started, and never denying Vegeta being the Saiyan prince or Kami being the good half of Daimao and the creator of the DBs.
Well, to be somewhat fair on this one, the Zenkais are an obvious retcon which was introduced during the Namek Saga and wasn't shown to have any effect on Goku's power in Part 1, while Krillin's statement would have you believe it was something that happened often. It probably doesn't help that Krillin...was almost never around when Goku's life was actually in danger. For instance, he was dead when Piccolo Daimao beat him within an inch of his life. The only exception I can recall was during the 23rd Tenkachi Budokai.