Majin Vegeta and Fat Boo

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
How big do you think the gap is between them?

For the first part of the battle, Vegeta was pummeling Boo. His piercing attack even made Boo utter "that hurt a bit." Then once Boo hit his angry explosion (which some consider to be a power-up, though I think I'm leaning toward the opposite nowadays), he started wrecking Vegeta to the point where Vegeta needed assistance from Trunks and Goten and realized it was futile continuing to fight.

Some argue the gap couldn't be that big or Vegeta wouldn't have been able to fight back or even inflict any damage on Boo. Some argue Boo was only letting Vegeta beat him around, implying the second half of their fight is the only part that really counts.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Since Piccolo states that Goku and Gohan joining the fray wouldn't have made any difference, I'd say Boo's edge on Vegeta is pretty damn big. I'd reckon he sort of sat there in a Reacoom-fashion as he held his own against SSJ3 Goku a bit later.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Well, the argument to that would be Goku was only stalling and holding back, so Boo doesn't have to be close to him in order for their fight to be that way.

It really all revolves around Gohan being 30-40% of Boo's power.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Well, that argument fell apart around the time Goku let Boo blow off a tenth of the Earth instead of dealing with his attack in a less self-destructive way. Fat Boo is fairly close to SSJ3 Goku, just not close enough to beat him.

I think the ki required to bring him back to life isn't his actual fighting power, or Goku's failure to neutralize his attack without messing up the Earth wouldn't make much sense (he'd be like ~40% of Goku's power as well)

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
Goku stated he and Vegeta can take Boo together. There we see Vegeta using Boo as a punching bag which mean Boo let Vegeta to get himself beat up. Piccolo was also had doubt that Vegeta might lose.

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
I'd put Majin Vegeta at 85
And Majin Buu powered up at like 100. (Full power 180)
Majin Buu has insane durability tiers out his opponents and on top of that has some insane attacks for instance the angry explosion which broke Vegeta's arm. I don't see how he was to fight after that, it could be after the angry explosion he lost half of his Ki similar to Gohan did against SPC when he broke his arm.
With that said its possible. Vegeta: 85 Majin Buu: 75 (not full power) angry explosion: 105
Tierd Vegeta: 42.5

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
I admit I don't have any pre made battle powers. Taking the overall situation on its own, I say about 30% difference between them. So Boo at 10 and Vegeta at 7. That's enough for Vegeta to keep up at first without having a strong chance of winning. That plus Goku's statements about them working together and Boo's reliance on regen makes me comfortable with this.

Vegeta

Tough question, Buu's energy has always been difficult to sense...

From what I remember though, he was about 1.5 times stronger than I was at the time. That may not sound like a lot, but it is, even when your opponent CAN'T regenerate himself over and over without losing stamina!

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
So for those of you in that mindset, you don't view Boo close to SSj3 Goku at all, huh?

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Kenshi said:
Well, that argument fell apart around the time Goku let Boo blow off a tenth of the Earth instead of dealing with his attack in a less self-destructive way. Fat Boo is fairly close to SSJ3 Goku, just not close enough to beat him.

I think the ki required to bring him back to life isn't his actual fighting power, or Goku's failure to neutralize his attack without messing up the Earth wouldn't make much sense (he'd be like ~40% of Goku's power as well)
But that was goku whilst holding back
Who got surprised wasn't it?
You could make the argument that the gap was a little bigger
And Majin vegeta a little smaller

Lord Beerus

Low Class Warrior
Pyrus said:
So for those of you in that mindset, you don't view Boo close to SSj3 Goku at all, huh?
Well, Fat Boo and Pure Boo would gets crushed by SSJ3 Goku. Only Evil Boo really is in SSJ3 tier.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Lord Beerus said:
Pyrus said:
Well, Fat Boo and Pure Boo would gets crushed by SSJ3 Goku. Only Evil Boo really is in SSJ3 tier.
What makes you say that? Fat Boo was holding his own and Pure Boo was shown to be Goku's near equal.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Havoc_Wreaker said:
Kenshi said:

But that was goku whilst holding back
Who got surprised wasn't it?
You could make the argument that the gap was a little bigger
And Majin vegeta a little smaller
No. Piccolo asked Goku whether he was correct in assuming that if Goku gave it his all he could've beaten Fat Boo, but it wasn't implied to be a landslide in any way nor does Goku state so himself when he later admitted he could've won. Furthermore, it's pretty silly to allow someone to nearly blow up the Earth while being vastly superior than them - the gap is by no means huge.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
But he's holding back, he's not gonna power up mid battle
And goku said it himself they could be wished back
Vegeta could be a bit closer to fat Boi it's a possibility is all I'm saying

as for how much stronger goku is then fat buu I could argue gap is big but that's for another topic

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
"Holding back" doesn't mean he's fighting at half strength. He also isn't likely to endanger the Earth when that's the same reason he died the last time - to prevent it from getting blown up. Honestly, there's no reason to have Goku anything above a reasonable amount above Fat Boo but bias.

Furthermore, Goku stated that only when the Earth and Dragon Balls were left could they be wished back - he was never counting on going to Namek. There's no excuse.

On the contrary, Piccolo stated that Fat Boo was way beyond SSJ2 Vegeta and Goku's league and no amount of reinforcement could help them win at that level. The gap between Boo and Vegeta is objectively far bigger than the gap between Boo and SSJ3 Goku.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
The gap is obviously big between fat Boi and vegeta
Just pointing out that vegeta did fine, until he powered up
And that the gap doesn't need to be enormous....

As for goku, look at it like cg, cell brought his level down to
Goku to the point where he could be seriously hurt
I find a similar situation, goku here brought is level down to fat buu, to the point where goku if not careful could have lost

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
Why would Goku bring his power down?
Wouldn't that risk his life? Wasn't it said that if a dead person dies again they'll seize to exist? Yes Goku doesn't want to be the hero and he wont do anything to kill Buu but I doubt he brought his power down to the point where he could loose.
Also the way the fight was progressing Goku wasn't getting hurt at all so this power Down wasn't nearly comparable to the one cell did against Goku, that is if he actually DID power down.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Pyrus said:
I guess if I'm going with a 30% gap it does put Boo on the low end of things vs SSJ3 Goku.

Usually he gets placed a bit higher, but considering Boo's magic, regen, stamina and SSJ3's time limit, I'm don't have a problem with it.

Boo, to me, is the type of fighter that can survive the kind of gap that would crush most others. I think he has enough to justify it though.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Whipedkillsmiled said:
Why would Goku bring his power down?
Wouldn't that risk his life? Wasn't it said that if a dead person dies again they'll seize to exist? Yes Goku doesn't want to be the hero and he wont do anything to kill Buu but I doubt he brought his power down to the point where he could loose.
Also the way the fight was progressing Goku wasn't getting hurt at all so this power Down wasn't nearly comparable to the one cell did against Goku, that is if he actually DID power down.
Cell didn't have to power down substantially to goku
There wasn't a huge gap, it was a small one
Same as goku vs fat buu and goku was holding back
Piccolo said if goku went "all out"
Which by definition pertains to using all ones "strength" or "resources"
And the word is synonymous with words such as using all ones might
Or full speed ect... so it's quite clear goku had to hold back some amount of power