Majin Vegeta and Fat Boo

Lord Beerus

Low Class Warrior
Pyrus said:
Lord Beerus said:
Pyrus said:
So for those of you in that mindset, you don't view Boo close to SSj3 Goku at all, huh?
Well, Fat Boo and Pure Boo would gets crushed by SSJ3 Goku. Only Evil Boo really is in SSJ3 tier.
What makes you say that? Fat Boo was holding his own and Pure Boo was shown to be Goku's near equal.
Because Goku flat out says he could have beaten both Fat Boo and Pure Boo, due to extenuating circumstances, he couldn't/wouldn't.

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
Being capable of beating someone ≠ being capable of crushing them.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Ja, essentially we saw that he could have beaten them, but he was still only narrowly ahead of Pure Boo and not majorly ahead of Fat Boo.

Yusuke-sama

Buu got a power boost after being angry right?

Fat Buu (Angry) > SSJ2 Majin Vegeta > Fat Buu (Start of Fight)

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Boo was above Vegeta even at the start of the fight. Goku wanted to gang up on him due to it.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Perhaps he is referring to Initial Fat Boo?

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
He said "Start of Fight," I'm fairly certain that Initial Boo never even fought.
Edit: Then again, maybe he made a mistake or I'm nitpicking/remembering wrong.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Goku wasn't sure about buu, maybe he felt some hidden
Power hence why he wanted to gang up
So vegeta and goku could be stronger then initial buu

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
That was before the power-up. After, Goku was quite clear on where Boo stood.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Yeah, before the power up
So it's feasible considering vegetas showing as well

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P3.5-7
Context: after Kaioshin says they must run from Boo
Gohan: “…Is that so?...He really does have tremendous ki, but…It doesn’t seem like so much so that there’s nothing I can do…[ ] …If I can only put out all of my true power…â€￾

Chapter: 461 (DBZ 267), P4.6, P5.4-6
Goku: “It’s a ki…! A huge ki has appeared…! Majin Boo has finally come out…â€￾
Vegeta: “Fuffuffuh…Majin Boo, huh?...Here I was wondering what kind of amazing guy he would be, and he’s got this kind of battle power number?...I thought so…Kakarot, you and I have now become too strong…By a wide margin! By his nature, Kaioshin is supposed to be someone tremendous, but have you ever once thought that he was incredible? Quite the opposite, it's Kaioshin who’s been bewildered…Majin Boo is fearsome from Kaioshin’s perspective, but from ours he’s not so much…â€￾
Goku: “N-no…That’s not it…There’s something abnormal about this ki...â€￾

Vegeta laughs off Boo's initial power, which is enough to prompt Gohan into going all-out, while Goku senses Boo's hidden evil power (he also doesn't deny that Boo isn't a threat at that point to them with his "that's not it" part of the comment).

Majin Vegeta/Goku >>> Gohan >~ Boo (initial)

Chapter: 462 (DBZ 268), P1.2-4, P2.5
Context: after Boo beats Dabra
Gohan: “It-it rose…Majin Boo’s ki rose explosively…He’s str-strong…Too strong…This is unbelievable…â€￾
Trunks: “…What the…!? This time I feel an incredible ki over there too…What’s going on?...â€￾
[ ]
Goku (talking to Vegeta): “…It changed into an outrageous ki…So Majin Boo really isn’t anyone ordinary after all…This ain’t no time to be doing this kinda thing…! We’re the ones who let this monster out…â€￾

Chapter: 462 (DBZ 268), P4.3
Context: Vegeta says he'll help Goku fight Boo
Goku: “We’ll definitely be able to defeat Majin Boo if we all do it together.â€￾

Boo then powered up after Dabura's insults, surpassing Gohan, which is the point where Goku felt they needed to take him on together to win. I'm not entirely sure whether he meant only him and Vegeta, or if he was including Gohan because Gohan was still alive and well.

Boo (power-up 1) > Majin Vegeta/Goku >>> Gohan >~ Boo (initial)

Chapter: 464 (DBZ 270), P11.6
Context: after Vegeta insults Boo and he lets steam out of his head
Kuririn: “Hey…That monstrous bastard’s ki got even huger.â€￾

Another power-up, but it's difficult to say how big it was.

Boo (power-up 2) >/> Boo (power-up 1) > Majin Vegeta/Goku >>> Gohan >~ Boo (initial)

In the end, Boo should by all means be far ahead of Vegeta, but due to his personality and biological makeup, it's a task trying to assign an exact gap. The only thing of note that Vegeta did was his piercing attack, and we don't really know how that works (if it's like the Makankosappo or what).

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
Havoc_Wreaker said:
Whipedkillsmiled said:
Why would Goku bring his power down?
Wouldn't that risk his life? Wasn't it said that if a dead person dies again they'll seize to exist? Yes Goku doesn't want to be the hero and he wont do anything to kill Buu but I doubt he brought his power down to the point where he could loose.
Also the way the fight was progressing Goku wasn't getting hurt at all so this power Down wasn't nearly comparable to the one cell did against Goku, that is if he actually DID power down.
Cell didn't have to power down substantially to goku
There wasn't a huge gap, it was a small one
Same as goku vs fat buu and goku was holding back
Piccolo said if goku went "all out"
Which by definition pertains to using all ones "strength" or "resources"
And the word is synonymous with words such as using all ones might
Or full speed ect... so it's quite clear goku had to hold back some amount of power
The gap between cell and Goku was at the point where Goku could beat him though.
Majin Buu wasn't really showing good results against Goku, I saw the fight to be pretty one sided. That is unless is power drainage were to kick in but before that Majin Buu couldn't beat him. He even tanked a punch from him, cell could do no such thing.
What im trying to say is that both power downs are totally different and not really comparable.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Whipedkillsmiled said:
Havoc_Wreaker said:
Whipedkillsmiled said:
Why would Goku bring his power down?
Wouldn't that risk his life? Wasn't it said that if a dead person dies again they'll seize to exist? Yes Goku doesn't want to be the hero and he wont do anything to kill Buu but I doubt he brought his power down to the point where he could loose.
Also the way the fight was progressing Goku wasn't getting hurt at all so this power Down wasn't nearly comparable to the one cell did against Goku, that is if he actually DID power down.
Or full speed ect... so it's quite clear goku had to hold back some amount of power
The gap between cell and Goku was at the point where Goku could beat him though.
Majin Buu wasn't really showing good results against Goku, I saw the fight to be pretty one sided. That is unless is power drainage were to kick in but before that Majin Buu couldn't beat him. He even tanked a punch from him, cell could do no such thing.
What im trying to say is that both power downs are totally different and not really comparable.
I would disagree both powered down to where they COULD lose
Goku ofc didn't power down as much but he could still lose
Just like cell, unless your saying fat buu had no chance in hell
Against a suppressed goku?

Lightsworn

Low Class Warrior
Nothing in their fight really showed Fat Boo was leagues above Vegeta. Less than 2x gap tbh

Whipedkillsmiled

Mid Class Warrior
Havoc_Wreaker said:
Whipedkillsmiled said:
Havoc_Wreaker said:
I would disagree both powered down to where they COULD lose
Goku ofc didn't power down as much but he could still lose
Just like cell, unless your saying fat buu had no chance in hell
Against a suppressed goku?
SSJ3 drainage is something else with that he could've lost
The level of suppression on the other hand was not enough since he was nearly tanking everything.
With the suppression and drainage he may have lost but he didnt want to fight for too long so I doubt there's any chance.

Doctor Havoc

High Class Warrior
Idk I guess we just disagree on the matter
But imo goku could have lost