Mystico's Dragon Ball GT Thread

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
The Super anime has filler that's just as bad as that shit. Not to mention you're making it worse on yourself by watching the dub. The BSDB arc is an absolute atrocity but it does get better after that.

Spiral-Force

High Class Warrior
Staff member
Forum Moderator
With the initial eps, there isn't a sense that the Goku/Trunks/Pan team are ever in serious danger, just some inconvenience due to their unfamiliarity with other planets' customs while searching for DBs. As you go on, you'll see how the vibe steadily shifts.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd rather be shot in the foot than watch the first arc of GT again

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
images

Dragon Ball GT: Episodes 11 - 15

I think they managed to bounce back here. Dolltaki is such a weird and interesting character. He reminds me of Salad Fingers. The Luud fight was long and boring and I can't understand why the two wouldn't just go all out as Super Saiyan, outside of plot purposes. Giru and the Para Para Brothers and even Pan to an extent have grown on me. I found it to be touching when Giru saved Pan and offered her some tissues when she was crying. Mutchy has a unique character design and moveset so I enjoyed that. I also thought that General Rildo's debut was handled with excellence, probably the best scene so far.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
It takes up to episode 19 for the real fighting to actually start. I'd seriously rather play Transformation than watch the first arc lol

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
It takes up to episode 19 for the real fighting to actually start. I'd seriously rather play Transformation than watch the first arc lol
Transformation really ought to have remained in the Legacy of Goku styling.

Still, two great games, one average/mixed, two god awful ones. That's Webfoot's track record on GBA.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I think they'd have needed to cram the entire series into one game if it were an RPG since there isn't much going on other than gathering DBs in the first arc. Still would've been better than the original though. Shit didn't even get a sequel after teasing one lol

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'm pretty sure the sequel was announced and subsequently cancelled. You can chalk that up to poor performance most likely. Also in 2006 the GBA was obsolete and out the door. I'm not sure how well the GT anime was doing in the states at the time but I guess not well enough to warrant more games.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'm pretty sure the sequel was announced and subsequently cancelled. You can chalk that up to poor performance most likely. Also in 2006 the GBA was obsolete and out the door. I'm not sure how well the GT anime was doing in the states at the time but I guess not well enough to warrant more games.
Considering the SuperSonic Warriors series just moved to the DS for the second installment, if the first game performed well the GBA's lifespan wouldn't have been an issue. There's also the fact that Infinite World was released on the PS2 long after PS3 games like Burst Limit were released. If there's demand games will be made, GT just sucked ass and the Transformation game didn't sell well as a byproduct of that and it being just an inferior version of Advanced Adventure anyway.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Webfoot was always a very small studio. They stated in the official guidebook that like 13 people made Legacy of Goku 2. I think Transformation 2 would have been released as a GBA game due to this. It's unfortunate we never got a satisfying conclusion there. Even GT games in the styling of Attack of the Saiyans would be good.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
I'd like if DBZ Kakarot had a GT-style DLC, but that's wishful thinking. That shit probably won't even cover Magic.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Plus Super is much more popular and frankly more entertaining anyways.

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Too many Pan booty shots for comfort. I think Dolltaki is the camera man :Dolltaki

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Luckily he gets the prison pedo treatment not long after

Mr. Popo Fan

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
images

Dragon Ball GT: Episodes 16 - 20

Not much to say here. I found the stuff to be pretty boring, and I'm guilty for browsing the web while this was on. General Rilldo has an interesting technique with how he can merge with all that metal from the planet, but I didn't really care a whole lot. The Sigma Force sucked with some comically bad voice acting. I found the whole Giru heel turn to be boring as well, though I did watch like two episodes ahead and they revealed it was a ruse or something. I don't know. The last episode I watched ended with a shot of Baby in the tank, so that got me hyped.