One Piece Discussion

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Sabo's fight with Fujitora would suggest he's slightly closer to Admiral tier than Marco, though Marco's regeneration and overall superior DF would ultimately give him the win.

Pocket-God

Elite
Marco fought Kizaru though, I don't know about you but I'd put Kizaru a lot higher than Fuji.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I'd certainly place Kizaru higher, though until further evidence arrives, I'd stick to the mindset of the gaps between all the Admirals being fairly minimal.

Pocket-God

Elite
I suppose you're right.

On the topic of admirals, do we know anything about the admiral that took Akainu's old spot or Aokiji's, whichever one Fuji didn't take.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Other than Ryokugyu's silhouette presenting them with wavy hair, we still don't know anything about them yet. Even that may not be accurate, considering Kaido's silhouette in the CP9 Arc was completely different to his actual appearance.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Luffy's story seems to mirror Gol D. Roger's in some aspects. Who do you think is the one to Luffy who has the same role as Garp to Roger? Smoker or Coby?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I think they'll both play similar roles, or one of them will develop into more of a Sengoku type character. It was implied that Sengoku also fought with Roger like Garp did, albeit, to a lesser extent based on how he's often mentioned with the other legends and was confident in capturing Shiki by himself during the Battle of Edd War.

Smoker seems to be playing more of Garp's role as pursuer, though having more of a logical mindset, I could see him developing into the Sengoku equivalent over time.

Pocket-God

Elite
Was there ever a reason given as to why things get stuck to Vergo's face?

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
How do you think the Vergo vs Sanji fight would've played out if it continued? I think Sanji would still win.

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
Sanji flat out says that it would have been bad if the fight continued. Not to mention that Sanji had no idea Vergo wasn't even using his main fighting style

Sanji sux right now. Needs a power up asap

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Sanji had already fractured his leg whilst Vergo didn't have anything beyond superficial injuries without even using his full body Haki. Unless Sanji's power when using Hell's Memories is as far above Diable Jambe as the difference between each of Luffy's Gears, he wouldn't have a chance of winning.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
I honestly think Sanji would defeat Vergo with Hell's Memories, which seems like his strongest attack as far as destructive power goes. He ought to be at least somewhat close to Zoro too, so do you think Zoro is like Vergo's level?

xmysticgohanx

High Class Warrior
Sanji is far from Zoro now has been since TB

Zoro one shots Vergo with any of his serious moves

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Yeah, no way is Sanji still rivalling Zoro. Feat-wise, Base Zoro is at bare minimum above Gear 2nd Luffy, whereas Sanji and Luffy's base and enhanced power (Diable Jambe/Hell's Memories and Gear 2nd) are likely comparable to each other.

ahill1

Super Elite
Donor
Captain Cadaver said:
Yeah, no way is Sanji still rivalling Zoro. Feat-wise, Base Zoro is at bare minimum above Gear 2nd Luffy, whereas Sanji and Luffy's base and enhanced power (Diable Jambe/Hell's Memories and Gear 2nd) are likely comparable to each other.

Do you think Sanji will receive a power up until the end of this arc?

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Not at the end of this arc. Anything beyond him reusing Hell's Memories would be an asspull. It is loosely implied he still has a power buff that would rival Niji or Ichiji, though that's not saying much when they don't have feats to stack up to Zoro's.

Sanji will find a way to be relevant by the end of the series. The question is how?