Piccolo on King Kai's planet

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
How much power did Piccolo gain on King Kai's world? I have raised this topic before and opinions were all over.

I originally lowballed him at Saiyan Saga Vegeta's level, but after hearing others speak on the matter, I have since raised it. While I don't have an exact number, I lean towards somewhere between Captain Ginyu and Vegeta @ First Form Freeza. Probably in the higher realm of that area, mostly due to Piccolo's confidence.

Evil Vegeta

High Class Warrior
I think Piccolo was around 60k after training on Kaio's planet.

I know that seems ridiculous, but based on Nail's quote, I doubt Piccolo's weaker than him.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
I put him anywhere from 60k to 200k, but always below Krillin and Gohan.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
I tend to place him above Gohan/Kuririn, considering his confidence in being able to help them. There's also Nail's statement about Piccolo being able to beat Freeza if he were to become complete again, which would imply that Piccolo's power could be over half of Freeza's.

FutureProtagonist

Low Class Warrior
Nail freaked out when he saw Piccolo and asked him what kind of crazy training he'd been doing. You'd be crazy to put him anywhere south of 42,000.

Papasmurf

Zeta Elite
Legend
Lower than Vegeta and Freeza. Higher than everybody else.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
I think Piccolo would be around 350k because plot requires it based on statements. Piccolo and Kami fusion = x2

Let's Go Fearless!

Zeta Elite
I put him 300k. Its true that Piccolo didn't do anything beside meditation but that he's always secret to training.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Nail was fighting a suppressed Freeza

I have Freeza using half of his power vs Nail and Piccolo being 150,000

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Piccolo is weaker than Vegeta who is weaker than Freeza

How about this

Krillin: 75,000
Gohan: 90,000
Enraged Gohan vs 2nd form Freeza: 900,000
Piccolo: 150,000
Gohan Zenkai: 200,000
Enraged Gohan vs 3rd form Freeza: 2,000,000
Suppressed Freeza: 265,000
Vegeta: 420,000
1st form Freeza: 530,000

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
Piccolo could perhaps beat Freeza is he merged with Kami.

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Guliver said:
Irrelevant. Freeza had already stated what both his and Nail's battle powers were, giving him as clear and indication to the gap between them as you can get.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Captain Cadaver said:
Guliver said:
Irrelevant. Freeza had already stated what both his and Nail's battle powers were, giving him as clear and indication to the gap between them as you can get.
He only told him the number of his power but it's not like Nail knows what those number mean

He said he knew Freeza power because he fougt him and he fought a suppressed Freeza

Captain Cadaver

Zeta Elite
Retired Staff
Nail was aware that Freeza and his soldiers used scouters to track them and was even somewhat intimidated when Freeza stated his battle power. You're acting like Nail has no numerical skills when it's clear enough for him to visualise what 530/42 is.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
He knows what the number means but he can't know how his number relates to the way he fought him... After all Freeza was fighting him not at full power but he didn't know it... So in his mind, 530k is what Freeza was when they fought

Pakl

High Class Warrior
And what should he understand by that? After all both suppressed Freeza or 530k Freeza can one shot Nail... There is no difference so he can't know the gap... In Nail's mind what Freeza used was his max based on their fight

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Musing here: does Nail's quote about Piccolo's power necessarily mean Piccolo was the stronger of the two?

Nail was the strongest Namekian on the planet. By quite a lot, at least by the numbers we were given.

So lets say I am the strongest Earthling by a wide margin. Let's say that my battle power is 10 x everyone else, not too far from the numbers were actually presented with concerning Nail vs every other Namekian.

Couldn't I still find it impressive if I suddenly meet someone who is 2/3 my power? Just being hypothetical.