Piccolo on King Kai's planet

Kyo

High Class Warrior
Donor
It's a viable enough route, but Nail's pretty excessive with the praise. "I don't know what kind of training you've done," "unbelievable power," and the like. Sounds more likely that Piccolo's stronger than him to me.

Edit: "Idk what kinda training" could be explained away with "Nail had his potential unlocked and Piccolo didn't so he's shocked," I guess, but still.

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
Kyo said:
It's a viable enough route, but Nail's pretty excessive with the praise. "I don't know what kind of training you've done," "unbelievable power," and the like. Sounds more likely that Piccolo's stronger than him to me.
Most likely.

But that has always lingered in the back of my mind, since there isn't any absolutism to the statement. I'd hate myself if I never brought it up.

Piccolo>Nail is the safer route. I wouldn't find a power lower than mine to be unbelievable, unless I was extremely arrogant. And that's more of a Vegeta mindset rather than nail.

Pyro

Elite
Staff member
Admin
True, I wouldn't prescribe Nail as finding someone unbelievable simply because they possess power comparable to his in a relative sense. That comes off as rather cocky.

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Guliver said:
He knows what the number means but he can't know how his number relates to the way he fought him... After all Freeza was fighting him not at full power but he didn't know it... So in his mind, 530k is what Freeza was when they fought
Nothing in the plot states he can't assign numbers to power levels. Saying he can't is going against plot.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
Emmeth said:
Guliver said:
He knows what the number means but he can't know how his number relates to the way he fought him... After all Freeza was fighting him not at full power but he didn't know it... So in his mind, 530k is what Freeza was when they fought
Nothing in the plot states he can't assign numbers to power levels. Saying he can't is going against plot.
Burden of proof on yours

He said he knows how strong Freeza because he fought him..

POOHEAD189

Low Class Warrior
Pyrus said:
True, I wouldn't prescribe Nail as finding someone unbelievable simply because they possess power comparable to his in a relative sense. That comes off as rather cocky.
His power could be "unbelievable" in comparison to a namekian. Though in all honesty I do think Piccolo probably has a PL close to where you stated, between 60k-200k. Though I think Piccolo beats Gohan/Krillin in terms of power

Emmeth

Elite
Staff member
Advisor
Guliver said:
Emmeth said:
Guliver said:
Burden of proof on yours

He said he knows how strong Freeza because he fought him..
Actually, it's on you.

Pakl

High Class Warrior
CELL SAID HE KNEW fREEZA'S POWER BECAUSE HE THOUGHT Him

Why not saying he knew his power because he told him? He base it on the fight

Southern Gothic

Super Elite
Staff member
Global Moderator
Red Ribbon Army
What can we say about King Kai's view on the situation and how it pertains to this? He doesn't seem to hold any knowlage of Freeza's transformations. If this is true, he should see Freeza at 530,000, just like the rest of them (Vegeta knows about this, but not the extent).

That being said, King Kai's outlook doesn't change. He still forbids any interface by Piccolo. Now, back on Namek, Vegeta seems to think he and the others can win if they team up. For the sake of argument, I am going to say that this is a stretch, and while possible, the chances are not great, so King Kai would be of the opposite opinion.

Might this indicate that Piccolo power would be on the low end of things? Above Nail, but Maybe not by much. Vegeta's statements about a team up, plus a Piccolo who's battle power is in the hundreds of thousands, should certainly yield a good chance of winning. The four of them against a 1st form Freeza, as well as Goku waiting in the wings, is way better odds than the Z Fighters had against the Saiyans on Earth.

But King Kai is completely against it, which might mean he didn't make any gains worth mentioning in comparison to the oncoming battle. That means less than Krillin and Gohan for sure, more in the 60-90k range.

Again, just filtering my questions through you guys.