Recent Chapter Discussion

Future Warrior

Elite
The only issue with them being stronger than Kaidou is why they bothered letting the yonko and shichibukai exist at all
They’ve mentioned several times how they cared about maintaining the balance of the world. The existence of pirates is not without benefit to them.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Is it actually confirmed that they are stronger than Kaido? From what I've seen so far I'd say they are comparable to Yonko level at best. Probably a tier below it individually.

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
Which kind of makes sense since it seems like the Gorosei have fruits superior even to ancient/mythical zoans.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
They’ve mentioned several times how they cared about maintaining the balance of the world. The existence of pirates is not without benefit to them.

The balance between the navy and the Yonko. The Gorosei would easily tip that balance.
Is it actually confirmed that they are stronger than Kaido? From what I've seen so far I'd say they are comparable to Yonko level at best. Probably a tier below it individually.

I mean they're fighting Awakened Luffy so they're at least as strong, and they don't take any damage. Kind of like a buu situation with their durability.

So is Bonney going to join the crew

She's Shanks/Buggy material for the Straw Hat crew. There's really nowhere else for her to go now that she's got a target on her back as large as she does.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Well Rayleigh starting a ship coating business and Crocus making his home inside a whale make a ton of sense now.

Future Warrior

Elite
Maybe, are the islands sinking or is the water level rising?

It'd also explain why the Seatrain was important enough to pardon Tom.
Based on context clues, I'd say water level rising.

The Gorosei are insistent on aquiring as much of the Mother Flame as possible, which implies it's requirement towards enacting their plan for the ''great cleansing''. One use of the Mother Flame on Lulucia was said to cause the sea level to increase by one meter.

So we can at least speculate that they are planning to successively use it across multiple islands, thereby causing the ocean to eventually flood the entire world (Marijoa left unharmed due to its altitude)

SSJ2

Zeta Elite
Staff member
Founder
What do we think the Mother Flame actually is? Is it powering an ancient weapon?

Future Warrior

Elite
Maybe Uranus.

Although I always thought Pluton was supposed to be the vehicle of destruction. A bit strange that 2 out of 3 of the ancient weapons offer the same results.

Last edited:

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
Based on context clues, I'd say water level rising.

The Gorosei are insistent on aquiring as much of the Mother Flame as possible, which implies it's requirement towards enacting their plan for the ''great cleansing''. One use of the Mother Flame on Lulucia was said to cause the sea level to increase by one meter.

So we can at least speculate that they are planning to successively use it across multiple islands, thereby causing the ocean to eventually flood the entire world (Marijoa left unharmed due to its altitude)

Yeah after reading more into it this is it. Yeah and the only other clear use of mother flame/Uranus is Enies lobby which is right next to one piece Venice.

Also the Noah's Arc great flood symbolism is pretty clear.

Future Warrior

Elite
I’m telling you, we are at a point in the story where Oda is able to finally execute the ideas he’s had hidden in the back of his head since Pre-TS lol.

sei'taer

High Class Warrior
I’m telling you, we are at a point in the story where Oda is able to finally execute the ideas he’s had hidden in the back of his head since Pre-TS lol.

Oh this has clearly been planned a very long time. Not one of the things like Haki where it's unclear of when it was conceptualized fully.

Like this is the kind of reveal that gets people to re-read the entire series.